BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finished all the door handles tonight..and everything goes in when I get a chance to this week. Its going to be a busy one!

but I felt like posting some pics before I went to bed lol

:) Goodnight

·
Freedom isn't free!!
19,886 Posts
Man, those just look outstanding!! Great work!

btw - if your interior is stock it's actually Tanin Red, not Imola Red. I'm pretty sure the Imola Red interior was only available on the ///M3.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Man, those just look outstanding!! Great work!

btw - if your interior is stock it's actually Tanin Red, not Imola Red. I'm pretty sure the Imola Red interior was only available on the ///M3.
Thank you for the clarification!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks professional! Good job!

(I can't wait for my silver cf fabric)
Thanks man! And where the hell did you get silver carbin fiber fabric!!!! Thats what I originally wanted to do. I look and the only stuff that I found was some really thick stuff that seemed like it would be impossible to stretch around my door handles.

·
ROLL TIDE!
23,977 Posts
WOW! I really need to re-do mine with the real deal stuff. That will be my 5th trim re-do! (in less than 1 year)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WOW! I really need to re-do mine with the real deal stuff. That will be my 5th trim re-do! (in less than 1 year)
Hahayeah I was definitely impressed with how well that fabric looks. The door handles were a little tough to do but the good thing about that stuff is that you can stretch it!

·
Who is John Galt?
1,404 Posts
Wow, Tim can I ship mine over to you to get 'em done? lol

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks guys!

Wow, Tim can I ship mine over to you to get 'em done? lol
lol.. i take some of that action
Yeah I'll let you guys know. I might be interested in doing it. PM me

·
chillen
1,438 Posts
that looks awesome I JUST got my CF fabric from jelvi today. ill be tackling this project on the weekend. any tips to have this comin out lookin oem or is it just so simple u just do it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
that looks awesome I JUST got my CF fabric from jelvi today. ill be tackling this project on the weekend. any tips to have this comin out lookin oem or is it just so simple u just do it.
Definitely take your time. Not something that you want to rush through becasue if you get wrinkles it wont look good. The trim is pretty easy but as I can see, you have a coupe so when you get to the door handles your going to have to stretch the fabric a little to work around the curves so I would suggest having someone with you that can help hold the armrest while you stretch and hold down to get out all the wrinkles.

Good luck :thumbup:

·
chillen
1,438 Posts
Definitely take your time. Not something that you want to rush through becasue if you get wrinkles it wont look good. The trim is pretty easy but as I can see, you have a coupe so when you get to the door handles your going to have to stretch the fabric a little to work around the curves so I would suggest having someone with you that can help hold the armrest while you stretch and hold down to get out all the wrinkles.

Good luck :thumbup:
Im gonna have my friend help me. I guess its pretty straight forward... Ill show u guys pics after this weekend. ANd not only of just the trim WHEELS too.

·
The Boss of Nobody
3,695 Posts
That is truly sharp, looks professional.

Now that you have this dynamic trim, are you going to continue with pillars, dash, etc.?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts