BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a great site with great info. I did an endless amount of research before I finally bought my 2005 645ci Convertible. Mineral Silver Black top and int. Auto Sport version with HUD, Active Cruise, Sat Radio, Logic 7, and a few others I can't remember. I bought it in Florida and need to ship it to California. Any ideas? Also any chance someone has a "Birth of a Sports Car DVD that I can buy from them? Dying to see it. Saw the ultimate factory BMW show on the Z4 and almost bought the Z4 but it was just too small for my 6' 4" frame. Really glad with my purchase even though I haven't had a chance to take ownershio of it yet. I must've driven 20 cars to decide on this one. I am glad I am not a car dealer having to deal with me! Anyway I just wanted to thank you guys for all your info on this sight. I have been lurking a long time with my 2001 740i Sport that was getting long in the tooth. Sad to see it go but excited to replace it with the new rocket.

·
laddcruzer
254 Posts
Congratulations Golfman, You will love the car and being 6'3" myself I know it's a perfect fit. There are a lot of quality shippers out there that deal with high end cars. Just research it a little and do your homework and you should find a good one.

·
Former Supporting member
825 Posts
Congrats on the new ride !

Pix are appreciated :p

·
Banned
2,928 Posts
This is a great site with great info. I did an endless amount of research before I finally bought my 2005 645ci Convertible. Mineral Silver Black top and int. Auto Sport version with HUD, Active Cruise, Sat Radio, Logic 7, and a few others I can't remember. I bought it in Florida and need to ship it to California. Any ideas? Also any chance someone has a "Birth of a Sports Car DVD that I can buy from them? Dying to see it. Saw the ultimate factory BMW show on the Z4 and almost bought the Z4 but it was just too small for my 6' 4" frame. Really glad with my purchase even though I haven't had a chance to take ownershio of it yet. I must've driven 20 cars to decide on this one. I am glad I am not a car dealer having to deal with me! Anyway I just wanted to thank you guys for all your info on this sight. I have been lurking a long time with my 2001 740i Sport that was getting long in the tooth. Sad to see it go but excited to replace it with the new rocket.
This is the best damn bmw site, with best info indeed :thumbup:
Congrats on the purchase, post some pics soon!

·
Registered
540 Posts
Congratulations!!!! Post pix.

Also, have you thought about flying to Florida and doing a Road Trip back!!!! Wouldnt be a bad way to break in the new wheels. If you have the time and don't mind the mileage!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I actually had to fly in to test drive it, but didn't think I should drive it home and put the extra miles on it as it already has 44K on it. I forgot to mention it is a CPO to 100K. I'll post some pics when I get my hands on it.

·
Registered
884 Posts
fly back and drive it out. i make it from seattle to pittsburg in 3.5 days you could do it on a week end. you can drive the car 16 hours straight without getting tired [or jittery]. great rood car. be interested to know the milage form a 645 as compared to my 650 on a long trip. you'll really like the active curise and wish it was the newer stop and go.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Car here on Sunday!!!

2 days late from Florida but hey I've waited this long. Got a pretty good deal on the shipping from FL to CA $900. Wondering about the options. It's got HUD, Sat, Active Cruise, Logic 7, Heated seats, CPO 100k, Sports PKG, Park Distance and BMW Assist Bluetooth. Any one have a list of options costs? I was wondering if the last 2 were options or included and what all the options cost on this car.

·
Banned
2,928 Posts
+3

·
Registered
540 Posts
2 days late from Florida but hey I've waited this long. Got a pretty good deal on the shipping from FL to CA $900. Wondering about the options. It's got HUD, Sat, Active Cruise, Logic 7, Heated seats, CPO 100k, Sports PKG, Park Distance and BMW Assist Bluetooth. Any one have a list of options costs? I was wondering if the last 2 were options or included and what all the options cost on this car.
I forgot what year you bought but from what I understand the park distance control and blue tooth are std equipment. Not options. But still pretty cool!!!!

For the cost, you can go on kelly blue book website and do a search on the year, make, model. It will give you the invioce and MSRP for each option.

·
Banned
2,928 Posts
pdc is standard.

2004s did not have bluetooth or mp3 or ipod

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wow had the car for 2 days now and still can't wipe the grin off my face. Went straight down to Laguna Beach with the top down and wondered why I ever got a 7 series for my last car. I loved the 7 but missed having a vert (Porsche 968 cab before, 944 cab before that and a bunch of alfas and fiat spyders as a kid). Now I've got the best of both worlds with luxury and sport wrapped up into one. Awesome car and I am starting to see why you guys are all so passionate about it. I will post some pics as soon as I get my other mac out of the shop. Thanks again to all for your great posts. Figured out my bluetooth iphone pairing yesterday only because of the posts here. Much easier when you have a wealth of knowledge and fellow enthusiasts at your fingertips.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Wow had the car for 2 days now and still can't wipe the grin off my face. Went straight down to Laguna Beach with the top down and wondered why I ever got a 7 series for my last car. I loved the 7 but missed having a vert (Porsche 968 cab before, 944 cab before that and a bunch of alfas and fiat spyders as a kid). Now I've got the best of both worlds with luxury and sport wrapped up into one. Awesome car and I am starting to see why you guys are all so passionate about it. I will post some pics as soon as I get my other mac out of the shop. Thanks again to all for your great posts. Figured out my bluetooth iphone pairing yesterday only because of the posts here. Much easier when you have a wealth of knowledge and fellow enthusiasts at your fingertips.
Congratulations. I'm so jealous!!! I'm still a few weeks away before I get mine.

Can't wait to see the pix!!!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Pics of my new ( to me) 2005 Mineral Silver Cab

OK you guys want pics here are 50!. There is one with a 3 series beige interior. I don't know how to get it out of there. Had the car a week now and keep looking for things to go pick up. Done the groceries 3 times this week!! At 4.50/ gallon this car is going to be an expensive drive but worth every penny. I looked long and far for this color combo and the only thing I'd change is the dash to Silver metal but all the other colors I love. HUD is very cool but the 100k warranty is the best because my 740i sport had me constantly wondering what would go wrong next. I need to probably do a software upgrade and the passenger door window is acting funny( goes half way up then back down again. Anti trap mechanism is messed up but hey that's what warranties are for! Let me know your thoughts on the new ride.

http://www2.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=225775114/a=130096226_4363085/t_=130096226

·
Registered
540 Posts
Dude! Nice pictures. Looks like a freakin BMW Brochure.

The car looks awesome. My Dad has the same exterior color but with the cream beige interior and the same dark birch dash. You must be having a ball with it!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts