BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so after some back and forth; i finally decided to pull the trigger on a 2012 535i. details are:

2012 BMW 535i
imperial blue/oyster
M-sport
Premium
technology
premium sound
heated seats
BMW apps

MSRP was like $64 and I got it for $57K after all incentives. my two requirements were this color combination (absolutely loved it when i saw it on a friends car) and Msport. i'm coming from a 2012 TL SH-awd 6spd manual so it's definitely much more refined. much quieter and more substantial. i'm still trying to get used to it and will be reading the manual in detail over the next few days; but two quick questions:

1- how do i make the right side mirror move down when i put it in reverse?
2- i previously had a 2004 530i and in that idrive i had a quick dial where i can put speed dial. is there a similar feature in this car? want to set my top ten contacts for quick access. thanks

omar

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

· The Driver
4,804 Posts
Best color combination ever!

· The Driver
4,804 Posts
1) move the mirror switch to the other side
2) no but the voice command is fantastic. Just dial by name. Voice button>phone book>name>yes

· Registered
6,198 Posts
So did you take a bath on the Acura?

· Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So did you take a bath on the Acura?
Eh kind of. Paid $37K for it. They gave me $29K. Could have sold it for a little more privately but it's a hard to sell 6spd manual. Not too bad for 14 months and 15K miles. Don't think the BMW will depreciate as well :)

· Registered
440 Posts
Congrats! Looks great.

· Premium Member
6,932 Posts
Looks very nice! :thumbup:

· Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1) move the mirror switch to the other side
2) no but the voice command is fantastic. Just dial by name. Voice button>phone book>name>yes
thanks; surprised how well the voice dialing works

another question; probably more of a rant.. i use my iphone4 as both my phone and music device. so its connected via bluetooth. and now i connect it via USB to charge battery; it will automatically stop all bluetooth audio telling me its not compatible while plugged in via USB. and not only that; to get bluetooth audio to work again i have to go to bluetooth configuration and re-check the audio box.. is it really that backwards? in my TL i could have both bluetooth and USB connected and just choose which one i wanted to use..

· Registered
447 Posts
Just stop using Bluetooth audio. USB Audio is better anyway - you get more information on the iDrive including album artwork and the ability to browse by playlist, title, artist and so on.

The Bluetooth will still connect for phone calls.

It is dumb though... Would be better if the USB overrides the Bluetooth only whilst connected.

· Registered
6,198 Posts
Eh kind of. Paid $37K for it. They gave me $29K. Could have sold it for a little more privately but it's a hard to sell 6spd manual. Not too bad for 14 months and 15K miles. Don't think the BMW will depreciate as well :)
Not bad at all. I actually remember when you bought that car because I was in the market for a new car too.

· Family_Deckhand
21 Posts
Just stop using Bluetooth audio. USB Audio is better anyway - you get more information on the iDrive including album artwork and the ability to browse by playlist, title, artist and so on.

The Bluetooth will still connect for phone calls.

It is dumb though... Would be better if the USB overrides the Bluetooth only whilst connected.
What i found though is that you can't scroll through songs using the steering wheel unless you are on bluetooth. Maybe I have something set up wrong?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.