BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I finally got the irritating, wiper chattering film off my windshield. I can't stand chattering wipers and all of my cars have had that problem. I have cleaned
my windshields with gas, alcohol, turpentine, vinegar, comet, brillo pads, and even paint strip through my 50 years of owning a large number of cars.
TODAY I cleaned it with Dawn dish detergent ***8211; straight out of the bottle on a wet sponge ***8211; Let it almost dry and did the same thing over again. Got in
the car backed out of me garage into a nice rain storm that has been here all day. The film and chatter has left the building. GONE, GONE, GONE

·
"Clunker" *****
4,684 Posts
I finally got the irritating, wiper chattering film off my windshield. I can't stand chattering wipers and all of my cars have had that problem. I have cleaned
my windshields with gas, alcohol, turpentine, vinegar, comet, brillo pads, and even paint strip through my 50 years of owning a large number of cars.
TODAY I cleaned it with Dawn dish detergent - straight out of the bottle on a wet sponge - Let it almost dry and did the same thing over again. Got in
the car backed out of me garage into a nice rain storm that has been here all day. The film and chatter has left the building. GONE, GONE, GONE
Never had the problem. Sorry for your troubles.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.