BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After purchasing my vehicle I drove it maybe 4x's not including the 500 mile drive back from Atlanta. Since then I've had it in the shop, I bought it Dec 31st and she has been in the shop since early Feb...Finally today is the day we are reunited, pictures to come.

Nick

·
David
3,550 Posts
Nick...I thought your name was tanner...haha. Glad your car is back home with you where it belongs. Did you get everything worked out with the dealership??

Can't wait to see pics. Maybe some of the interior too so I can look at all the nice options you have on your 760.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
After purchasing my vehicle I drove it maybe 4x's not including the 500 mile drive back from Atlanta. Since then I've had it in the shop, I bought it Dec 31st and she has been in the shop since early Feb...Finally today is the day we are reunited, pictures to come.

Nick
What happened that you had to leave the car at the shop that long:dunno: hope it is all fixed and is was worth the wait ,good luck and Freude am fahren:p

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nick...I thought your name was tanner...haha. Glad your car is back home with you where it belongs. Did you get everything worked out with the dealership??

Can't wait to see pics. Maybe some of the interior too so I can look at all the nice options you have on your 760.
Tanner is my middle name, you caught me:thumbup:

I will definitely take interior pictures for you guys, I used to detail cars back in the day so I'm excited to see how they did on the inside detail.:yikes:

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh and waiting for the GM to get back on Friday before I get all crazy with the BBB and BMW North America contact...I believe in giving him one last chance to make due and if not...I may not get my money back but I will make sure the spotlight gets put on him.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here she is!

06 760Li 57k miles. Opinions Welcome good or bad.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Oh and waiting for the GM to get back on Friday before I get all crazy with the BBB and BMW North America contact...I believe in giving him one last chance to make due and if not...I may not get my money back but I will make sure the spotlight gets put on him.
The car look immaculate and looks familiar :p

Take it for a drive and enjoy the growl of the V12!

·
David
3,550 Posts
Scheiße...that is nice!!! Your car literally looks brand new. Big :thumbup: to the previous owner for taking great care of it. I must admit that I am a bit jealous. I wish I had the fridge and rear comfort seats.

Enjoy your car; it is truly world class.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Scheiße...that is nice!!! Your car literally looks brand new. Big :thumbup: to the previous owner for taking great care of it. I must admit that I am a bit jealous. I wish I had the fridge and rear comfort seats.

Enjoy your car; it is truly world class.
I appreciate it, I just had it detailed but I spoke with the gal that owned it and she said she took pretty good care of it even with kids. Poor gal traded it in and got 29k for it! Bought it for a smidge over 130k with all the options. I picked it up for 35 and with everything I've put in including tax, title, repairs, very nice warranty(warranty was 6200 alone) I'm up to 52K invested into the car....hopefully I don't spend a penny more on her because at this point she is pristine. Only blemishes I have found (I'm picky I used to be a car detail-er) is in the side door storage...not to bad but looks like something stick was spilled and then cleaned up to where it rubbed down to the plastic. And on the V12 badge in the right front passenger door jam there is some black spots...no big deal though. Thanks again!

·
Banned
1,456 Posts
This is one of the prettiests 7s I've seen. Wow!

What issues did you run into with it.. What was covered and what wasn't.. Can you also tell me how fast is it compared to your average 750

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
If you search for my post called "Go Higher" you will see the issues I ran into...mainly the post was ranting about the crappy service I received from a dealership in VA. Comfort access doors (front) were bad, Major coolant leak/issue, bent rim, gaskets needed replaced...minor oil leak..I never seen the oil spots but they showed me pics and it would only get worse with time....these were things that I had to take care of in order to get the warranty....from here on out hopefully it's smooth sailing.

I've never driven a 750, Fastest cars I've driven and actually got to "beat on" were a Scuderia F430 and a F458 Italia....obviously compared to the Italia (570hp and weighs nothing) it's somewhat subtle but this car's still gets me very excited...I don't beat my cars so I've never really done a full sport mode 0-60 run or anything but as far as on the freeway going to pass another car the acceleration is scary... when I accelerate I over shoot my target meaning I just wanted to pass the car but now I passed the car and am up the guy's but that was quite a bit away from me. I enjoy knowing that it's not a sports car but if need be I can still hang with some pretty reputable sport cars IMO.

Again thanks for the praise, I plan on keeping her this clean for the next guy.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Anyone think I should Lower with H&R, kinda scared too, the smallest pot hole makes me cringe and I can almost feel the rims crying...they are all good now (only one was bent) but still...scary!

·
David
3,550 Posts
^^^in a 760 i would want something more than just the regular springs. I would either go h&r or maybe you can just find some oem sport springs. Either way if you hit the right pot hole at the right speed those 128s are going down.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
lol so I've learned, it feels great in the corners, I dont have a problem with anything, i guess all these mods I read about all day just have me itching to do something to her...for now though I will enjoy her for what she is.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Also on cars like these I'm scared to mess with anything that goes against OEM...in previous cars as soon as I started modding or going against how the car was designed that is when problems would pop up....

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
I appreciate it! Would love to see pics of your 760!
I have to clean it up a bit and also find where my camera is hiding. I'll try to have something up by sunday!

I appreciate it, I just had it detailed but I spoke with the gal that owned it and she said she took pretty good care of it even with kids. Poor gal traded it in and got 29k for it! Bought it for a smidge over 130k with all the options. I picked it up for 35 and with everything I've put in including tax, title, repairs, very nice warranty(warranty was 6200 alone) I'm up to 52K invested into the car....hopefully I don't spend a penny more on her because at this point she is pristine. Only blemishes I have found (I'm picky I used to be a car detail-er) is in the side door storage...not to bad but looks like something stick was spilled and then cleaned up to where it rubbed down to the plastic. And on the V12 badge in the right front passenger door jam there is some black spots...no big deal though. Thanks again!
That's good you got to meet the previous owner! She really did get hosed on trade it with it :tsk:. Trust me, with a car like this there's always money that will be spent. I've probably spend 1K in this last year on misc repairs and parts including my deductible that warranty did/didn't cover. But then again, that's MUCH less than the warranty company (18K).

If you search for my post called "Go Higher" you will see the issues I ran into...mainly the post was ranting about the crappy service I received from a dealership in VA. Comfort access doors (front) were bad, Major coolant leak/issue, bent rim, gaskets needed replaced...minor oil leak..I never seen the oil spots but they showed me pics and it would only get worse with time....these were things that I had to take care of in order to get the warranty....from here on out hopefully it's smooth sailing.

I've never driven a 750, Fastest cars I've driven and actually got to "beat on" were a Scuderia F430 and a F458 Italia....obviously compared to the Italia (570hp and weighs nothing) it's somewhat subtle but this car's still gets me very excited...I don't beat my cars so I've never really done a full sport mode 0-60 run or anything but as far as on the freeway going to pass another car the acceleration is scary... when I accelerate I over shoot my target meaning I just wanted to pass the car but now I passed the car and am up the guy's but that was quite a bit away from me. I enjoy knowing that it's not a sports car but if need be I can still hang with some pretty reputable sport cars IMO.

Again thanks for the praise, I plan on keeping her this clean for the next guy.
The V12 isn't "monster fast" like a Ferrari but it is quick none the less. It's not "I'm going to kill you quick" to the point it's scary for the driver. I will admit I've done the same with passing folks and leaving them far behind.

IMO, the 760 is a car that's fast in a respectable sort of way.

Anyone think I should Lower with H&R, kinda scared too, the smallest pot hole makes me cringe and I can almost feel the rims crying...they are all good now (only one was bent) but still...scary!
I was planning on going with H&R's a while back but never got to them. I'd love to ride in a 750 with the springs to see how comfy the ride is with them. I use the 7 has a highway and city cruiser so I don't particularly want to firm up the ride too much, esp over potholes. As far as bending wheels, I've bent a factory 19 inch wheel somehow. Either way, just drive carefully and have an insurance plan on the wheels; it's like 500 dollars for 4 years!

Also on cars like these I'm scared to mess with anything that goes against OEM...in previous cars as soon as I started modding or going against how the car was designed that is when problems would pop up....
I'd stay away from electronics and such and more complex things, but springs wouldn't really affect much. The lower control arms have a habit of wearing out in a short amount of time and adding springs won't really shorten their lifespan.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
I have to clean it up a bit and also find where my camera is hiding. I'll try to have something up by sunday!

That's good you got to meet the previous owner! She really did get hosed on trade it with it :tsk:. Trust me, with a car like this there's always money that will be spent. I've probably spend 1K in this last year on misc repairs and parts including my deductible that warranty did/didn't cover. But then again, that's MUCH less than the warranty company (18K).

The V12 isn't "monster fast" like a Ferrari but it is quick none the less. It's not "I'm going to kill you quick" to the point it's scary for the driver. I will admit I've done the same with passing folks and leaving them far behind.

IMO, the 760 is a car that's fast in a respectable sort of way.

I was planning on going with H&R's a while back but never got to them. I'd love to ride in a 750 with the springs to see how comfy the ride is with them. I use the 7 has a highway and city cruiser so I don't particularly want to firm up the ride too much, esp over potholes. As far as bending wheels, I've bent a factory 19 inch wheel somehow. Either way, just drive carefully and have an insurance plan on the wheels; it's like 500 dollars for 4 years!

I'd stay away from electronics and such and more complex things, but springs wouldn't really affect much. The lower control arms have a habit of wearing out in a short amount of time and adding springs won't really shorten their lifespan.
Funny you mention electronics....I told my guy I wanted the iPod hook up and he ordered the standard iPod hook up from the dealership (place I go to has been awesome and they sell used Audi/BMW's usually only 5's 6' and 7's and M's (higher end models) 60% of their mechanics are master BMW certified...so the guy received the kit from a dealership. He decided not to proceed with the job and called me...I can't remember specifics of why he wouldn't do it but he's supposed to shoot me a txt tomorrow with detailed info. The gist of it is that he would have to "modify" the CD changer to get it to work and he didn't want to deface anything on the car.....any help here to get the iPod/iPhone adapter installed?

Thanks again guys!:thumbup:

·
'12 X5 35d Black-on-Black
1,917 Posts
Funny you mention electronics....I told my guy I wanted the iPod hook up and he ordered the standard iPod hook up from the dealership (place I go to has been awesome and they sell used Audi/BMW's usually only 5's 6' and 7's and M's (higher end models) 60% of their mechanics are master BMW certified...so the guy received the kit from a dealership. He decided not to proceed with the job and called me...I can't remember specifics of why he wouldn't do it but he's supposed to shoot me a txt tomorrow with detailed info. The gist of it is that he would have to "modify" the CD changer to get it to work and he didn't want to deface anything on the car.....any help here to get the iPod/iPhone adapter installed?

He should not have to "deface" anything but in order to control your iPod, the BMW system needs a device to control and the "device" it uses is the CDC so you won't be able to use the CD cartridge (in the dash) after the modification. Most people do not use CDs anymore. Besides, the single CD player will still work fine.

·
Registered
4,773 Posts

The installer has to remove the current CD changer (6 disk in dash) and hook up the ipod unit to it and replace the faceplate. It isn't hard to do but it can be intimidating to some. A dealership can install it for you but the factory one adapter has it's limitations. It honestly isn't the best solution out there. There's another unit out there, I believe its the DENSION unit, but it allows you to retain the CDC and as well allows for a "hybrid" operation mode so you can use the ipod to look for songs and as well the I-drive. I'd prefer the ipod itself since Idrive can take a while to load.

He should not have to "deface" anything but in order to control your iPod, the BMW system needs a device to control and the "device" it uses is the CDC so you won't be able to use the CD cartridge (in the dash) after the modification. Most people do not use CDs anymore. Besides, the single CD player will still work fine.
The only problem with the single in dash player is that it will not play MP3 cd's and neither does the 6 disk in the trunk!! The CD changer in the dash will play MP3 disks!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts