BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
ROLL TIDE!
23,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well all,

Foir those who have been following my interior "revamp" here is stage 4 complete. Temporary airbag ($25 for a blown one, "modified" of course) and $40 for a black console. Add to that Tuesday night's headliner, B-pillars, and so on here is the progress. I haven't completely dye'd my interior carpet, but found black sedan carpet for $100 so I am going to just do that and stop the dye (although it looked pretty good). Now all I have to do is decide whether I want to add black sport (but non-power) seats.

Attachments

·
Freedom isn't free!!
2018 Glacier Silver 340i M Sport
19,961 Posts
Coming right along. Did your dash dyeing stink go away?

·
GODSPD
2,249 Posts
Looks pretty slick. Hopefully it won't deteriorate.

·
ROLL TIDE!
23,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks pretty slick. Hopefully it won't deteriorate.
Doesnt matter if it does. The place I bought the console from has a full black interior from a 325 sport that only had 15k on it. Looks brand new. I am hopefully going to just buy the whole thing (except the dash) as mine is holding up fine.

·
The Ultimate Übermensch
1,023 Posts
Well all,

Foir those who have been following my interior "revamp" here is stage 4 complete. Temporary airbag ($25 for a blown one, "modified" of course) and $40 for a black console. Add to that Tuesday night's headliner, B-pillars, and so on here is the progress. I haven't completely dye'd my interior carpet, but found black sedan carpet for $100 so I am going to just do that and stop the dye (although it looked pretty good). Now all I have to do is decide whether I want to add black sport (but non-power) seats.
Love the airbag, might need to use it after you. :drive:

Interior looks nice!

·
Keeping it surreal
43,301 Posts
Re: those sport seats....I would`nt lose any sleep over the fact that they don`t have power assist....the manual seats in my first BMW (`76 530i) had a killer range of adjustment, and were extremely comfortable. Once you get them adjusted to where they`re just right, you normally don`t move them (unless your SO takes it out for a few hot laps :) Just wanted to remark that the car is LOOKIN` GOOOOD!

·
ROLL TIDE!
23,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: those sport seats....I would`nt lose any sleep over the fact that they don`t have power assist....the manual seats in my first BMW (`76 530i) had a killer range of adjustment, and were extremely comfortable. Once you get them adjusted to where they`re just right, you normally don`t move them (unless your SO takes it out for a few hot laps :) Just wanted to remark that the car is LOOKIN` GOOOOD!
Thanks Bob! From the driver's seat you can't tell it's not a ZHP, except that it's slow! But it "LOOKS" like one. I agree, non-power doesn't realy bother me, the $500 price does....

I also think I still want to "dye" my leather that BMW Saddle color and keep the 2 tone. We'll see.

·
Premium Member
14,837 Posts
Awesome! :bow:

·
Keeping it surreal
43,301 Posts
Stink? I love that smell! I also have always said they should make a New Tire scented air freshener. Who's with me?
That ranks right up there with the "Morning After Mexican Food" scent....

·
ROLL TIDE!
23,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Another update

Got my alcantara brake boot today! :thumbup: Interior is coming right along. Here is a pic of the boot and a before the madness pic, and a "current" pic. Still have alcantara interior trim coming and a manual shift boot and a leather auto knob. Once the faux wood is gone I will feel much better about the project. Notice the nice new black arm rest. MUCH better than the tan one! :thumbup:

Attachments

·
ROLL TIDE!
23,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Couldnt get the before pic to load....oh well, it was lame anyway

1 - 14 of 14 Posts