BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So like every year I loaded up the wife and 3 kids and headed to VA beach. Easy trip avg 24.5 mpg loved it. Had a great 3 days there and the last night there we got some beer on 19th and Atlantic. Walking back to the Marriott I saw 2 clean e30's a e39 m5 and a stanced e34 so I said to the wife take the beer I'm going up the strip. Well 2 blocks up the road I get a charging malfunction, abs malfunction, brake malfunction, and a dynamic drive malfunction. Sh!t. So turn around and barely limp back to the hotel. Well the next morning we check out at 10 so at 6am I get up search for a local shop and tow company and call enterprise. What a freaking day. So anyway I was so lucky to find Eastern Autowerks in Norfolk. I knew my brake booster had a leak and I assumed it saturated my alternator which was the cause of it. So they replaced my alternator and resealed the pump but found out it was the oil pressure switch. So new gaskets on that and cam sensor and 2 new belts. For the total of 1200. Which I thought was a amazing deal. The owners Randy Tracey are amazing people. I live in the panhandle of wv over 4 hours away. And they are driving my car to me tomorrow at the cost of gas. If you live in the area of Inglside road Norfolk even 50 miles away and don't use them you are crazy. But all in all I have had this car for 2 years and 75k miles and has only let me down 1 time which let me meet true BMW shop owners and not overpriced claimers. I know i have bashed the e60 and having a n62 and a smg I have been worried but I'm at 142k miles and have had less problems than most with the m54 b30 which are amazing engines.

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
Nice share Mike. Sounds like you met some really great people and got a really good deal. Happy to see you and your family are safe and your car is back on the road

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Justin. Yeah wish their shop was here they only do BMW and mini. But really honest people.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts