BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Finally Made the Move

1180 Views 10 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  icemanjs4
Been looking at BMWs for several years--last year couldn't reach what I thought was a fair price and ended up with a Volvo S-80. Still like the Volvo but today I got my a price I could live with and purchased a new 330 with ZPP, ZCW, Xenons for $36000. I guess my question is: Is this a fair price for a car with a list price of $42,045?

I also put a number of miles on a 530 but the 330 just seemed to be so much more fun to drive and then again I have been reading quite a bit of negative comments on the 5 Series lately--mostly from consumers reports and owner reviews. Second question: At $1,200 over invoice would the 530 been a better deal?

Looking forward to learning all I can from the members of this forum!

Larry
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
How could 36K for a brand new car of 42K not be a good deal? That's a great deal, and as far as the 530 goes, if you really wanted a 5 then you should've got it, otherwise the deal on the 330 was better.
fiver said:
Been looking at BMWs for several years--last year couldn't reach what I thought was a fair price and ended up with a Volvo S-80. Still like the Volvo but today I got my a price I could live with and purchased a new 330 with ZPP, ZCW, Xenons for $36000. I guess my question is: Is this a fair price for a car with a list price of $42,045?

I also put a number of miles on a 530 but the 330 just seemed to be so much more fun to drive and then again I have been reading quite a bit of negative comments on the 5 Series lately--mostly from consumers reports and owner reviews. Second question: At $1,200 over invoice would the 530 been a better deal?

Looking forward to learning all I can from the members of this forum!

Larry
What was the invoice price on the 3?

Then we can tell you...
Invoice price on the 330 was $38,545.

Larry
BloodRedHog said:
What was the invoice price on the 3?

Then we can tell you...
Next Week

wingspan said:
:hi: Pictures please!
I pick up the car Monday afternoon--pictures will follow!!

Larry
Yup. That's a good deal. And even if the deal on the 5 was better (which it isn't), the fact that you found the 3 so much more fun to drive means you made the right choice.

Congrats.
fiver said:

Larry
Must have auto too, right? I bought the same 330i in December and list was $40,770 w/ 6-speed. I won't tell you what I paid, it was before the year-end incentives began. Oh well, OK -- it was $39K w/o tax. Congrats! What are your colors?
fiver said:
Sounds like a good deal to me, welcome aboard and post some pics soon!
Yup, good deal. You got the car for about $1,300 more than the dealer paid for it (incentives, etc.). Enjoy the ride and welcome !
fiver said:

Larry
It does sound like a good deal. But it doesn't even matter. Even if you overpaid by 5K, you're still driving the greatest car in the world. Viva la E46 :bigpimp:
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.