BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Re: Re: Re: Re: replica

Mystikal said:

Do you even realize what he's saying? The front wheels off of an M3 will fit any E36/E46 car. It's the 9" wide rear wheels that are of a different offset.
Yup, thats indeed what i ment. :)
Not rocket-sience right ? :)

greetz

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Patrick 320d said:
Yes, they are missing the M logo, but I am not 100% sure that this means that they are replicas because ... my dealer has a set of the same wheels, but they are 17 inch - for sale in the parts department. No M logo on them either.

Raptox - it sounds like you got a good deal too. Where did you buy them from?? Any web address? I bought my last set of wheels (Style 45 as well) from MOTORFORCE BMW in the UK. Nice guys.

My dealer wants 250€ per wheel for the 17 inchers, no tires. I am tempted but I just bricked my driveway, walkway and patio (130 m2) ... could have bought new wheels, tires, NAV and a Xenon retrofit for the same money! And BTW, I STILL have my snow tires on! Lazy sloth that I am.

Looks like I will be buying new snow tires in January. :confused:

One thing that I would recommend to you Raptox: buy WHEEL LOCKS!

Great looking wheels, my fellow diesel driver.

Patrick
The shop where i bought them, haven't got a web-address right now. (there working on it). If u want i'll try to find out where the rims came from.

Here's a price-detail of what i spend on the rims (installation included)

4* BMW E46 8x18 M3 Et47 => 138.43 Euro / piece => 553.72 Euro
4* Semperit DIR 225/40/18zr => 112.61 Euro / piece => 450.44 Euro

Total ex = 1004.16 Euro
VAT = 210.87 Euro
Final Total = 1215.03 Euro

·
Banned
20,151 Posts
Raptox said:
The shop where i bought them, haven't got a web-address right now. (there working on it). If u want i'll try to find out where the rims came from.

Here's a price-detail of what i spend on the rims (installation included)

4* BMW E46 8x18 M3 Et47 => 138.43 Euro / piece => 553.72 Euro
4* Semperit DIR 225/40/18zr => 112.61 Euro / piece => 450.44 Euro

Total ex = 1004.16 Euro
VAT = 210.87 Euro
Final Total = 1215.03 Euro
Cool! That is an insane price for the wheels! Were they new or used?

Looks like you suffer almost as bad with VAT as we do in Finland (22%). If you would have bought them yourself in Germany, you could have saved 5% on VAT. I guess shipping would have been more than though.

No worries about the web address - post it or PM to me when and if they get a web site! Those prices are a lot better than from the UK though. I will keep looking - I may go for Style 32 instead ...

Patrick

·
Banned
20,151 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: replica

Mystikal said:
Do you even realize what he's saying? The front wheels off of an M3 will fit any E36/E46 car. It's the 9" wide rear wheels that are of a different offset.
Aren't there also 19 inch M3 wheels? :dunno: Same wheel as Raptox's I mean.

Patrick

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Patrick 320d said:

Cool! That is an insane price for the wheels! Were they new or used?

Looks like you suffer almost as bad with VAT as we do in Finland (22%). If you would have bought them yourself in Germany, you could have saved 5% on VAT. I guess shipping would have been more than though.

No worries about the web address - post it or PM to me when and if they get a web site! Those prices are a lot better than from the UK though. I will keep looking - I may go for Style 32 instead ...

Patrick
The s32's are also very nice ! I'll see that i can get the european dealer address for those rims. The one's I bought where brand new! They came in the box.

We pay 21% VAT here in belgium :-(( (RIP OFF!)
I sold my s45's with tires for about 350 Euros today.

Also keep in mind that the M3's look nice..even if there dirty..it doesn't realy show. But both the M3's and the s32's are hell to clean!

I gave my car a total clean today. Washed, waxed & polished.
I spend more than 1hour cleaning the rims! Luckely i had the BMW-rim-cleaner-product :)

?DOES ANYBODY KNOW? what the best way to clean the rims is? I was thinking about a ... euh.... ?steam-cleaner?....(don't know the correct word)... I was told that it is perfect to clean rims.

Greetz

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: replica

Patrick 320d said:

Aren't there also 19 inch M3 wheels? :dunno: Same wheel as Raptox's I mean.

Patrick
Yup, i thought so...but i don't know the details...
I would put 19" on them...the 18" 's will slow you down enough :)

Do you have an 136 or 150 hp 320d ?

Greetz

·
Banned
20,151 Posts
Raptox! You are up late!!

If you can get an address, that would be cool.

I agree: VAT over 10% is a joke that really pisses me off.

Sounds like you got a fair price for your Style 45 combo.

I realize that both of those wheel styles are impossible to clean, but oh well! More "personal time" in the garage while my wife makes pie or something! I have also used that BMW wheel cleaner (only when the wheels are cold) and it works well.

I think that there is no easy answer as far as wheel cleaning goes. Time ... and a couple of cold ales!

Patrick

Raptox said:
The s32's are also very nice ! I'll see that i can get the european dealer address for those rims. The one's I bought where brand new! They came in the box.

We pay 21% VAT here in belgium :-(( (RIP OFF!)
I sold my s45's with tires for about 350 Euros today.

Also keep in mind that the M3's look nice..even if there dirty..it doesn't realy show. But both the M3's and the s32's are hell to clean!

I gave my car a total clean today. Washed, waxed & polished.
I spend more than 1hour cleaning the rims! Luckely i had the BMW-rim-cleaner-product :)

?DOES ANYBODY KNOW? what the best way to clean the rims is? I was thinking about a ... euh.... ?steam-cleaner?....(don't know the correct word)... I was told that it is perfect to clean rims.

Greetz

·
Banned
20,151 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: replica

I have a 6/2001 320d that is chipped 136 HP - chip from Wetterauer in Germany. It makes about 174 HP now and the chip improved my fuel economy! Ok, by 0.4l/100km only. I haven't been able to take advantage of the 335Nm of torque yet due to the snow tires ...

I have used some Russian diesel lately (no additives) and that also makes a huge difference. Not to mention that it cost 0.35€ per liter!!

Patrick

Raptox said:

Do you have an 136 or 150 hp 320d ?

Greetz

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: replica

Raptox said:

Greetz
The wheels look sort of similar, but are actually of a totally different style. The 19" wheels are forged, meaning they are actually lighter than the 18" wheels. The price would be astronomical though. :banghead:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: replica

Mystikal said:

The wheels look sort of similar, but are actually of a totally different style. The 19" wheels are forged, meaning they are actually lighter than the 18" wheels. The price would be astronomical though. :banghead:
Wouldn't doubt about that... but you got a point!
What i forgot to mention... The replica's are 0.6 Kilo's heavyer that the real ones !

I think that most people would agree that the best thing to do is get some GOOD replica's instead of the real ones. If you consider price/quality ofcourse! :)

Greetz

21 - 30 of 30 Posts