BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I've been trying to find tickets to Munich for an end of June ED, and the prices seem at least US1200+ Does anyone know where to get cheaper tickets?

thanks

·
Registered
116 Posts
The best bet may be to find out any special frequent fly redemption programs - I know that Northwest was offering a "spring sale" that basically halved the price of their tickets in return for 5K frequent miles.

You might also look into flying open jaw - fly into Munich and out of Nice, for example. Euro open jaws are often cheaper than roundtrips.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
June is high season so I'd expect the "cheap" tickets to be in the $900 to $1000+ range.

Try giving the fine folks at Gemütlichkeit a call: 800-521-6722 or www.gemut.com. They specialize in Germany, Austria, Switzerland travel.

Otherwise, you could try consolidators (Google search "air consolidators" or "Europe Consolidators". However, make sure you deal with a reputable company as there are some scammers out there.

·
Registered
185 Posts
For travel on the NWA deal Must be Completed by June 6Th. I paid 565 RT with Taxes from Florida to Munich Return Zurich to Florida :) Pick up car on May 20th :angel:

Good Luck this week prices to Europe are Extremely High.

Try to get to London. Then buy a ticket Lon -Mun Seems to be the best deal this WEEK :dunno:

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
brian545 said:
For travel on the NWA deal Must be Completed by June 6Th. I paid 565 RT with Taxes from Florida to Munich Return Zurich to Florida :) Pick up car on May 20th :angel:

Good Luck this week prices to Europe are Extremely High.

Try to get to London. Then buy a ticket Lon -Mun Seems to be the best deal this WEEK :dunno:
For Lon-Muc, try expedia and it should pull up BMI w/c code shares with Lufthansa. Very cheap fares that we used last March to get from Paris-London-Munich leg of our ED trip.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Yeah, we're really paying through the nose for the summertime tix, x 4, for us... we called and made the reservations, gave LH the credit card #, because they said though the 2 for 1 deal tix needed to be paid for by 1 month in advance of the trip, the two kids tickets (which were at a different rate) would need to be paid for immediately... the charge for those two tickets still hasn't hit our credit card account, I just checked online. We did call about it after about 2 or 3 weeks (about the charge not showing up on our account), they said it takes a few weeks. If we were to somehow find cheaper tix elsewhere, and cancel our LH reservations, would they then hit us up for cancellation fees? (I'm guessing yes) We originally called for the reservations back in late March, after placing the order.

·
Registered
457 Posts
split luft 2-for-1

KickinA said:
Hello All,

I've been trying to find tickets to Munich for an end of June ED, and the prices seem at least US1200+ Does anyone know where to get cheaper tickets?

thanks
I already have reserved luft 2-for-1 for $1420 and cogitatng on a travelling companion. If you can find a cheap ticket (swa? aa?) to SFO, i could split it with you. dates are from 6/26 to 7/10 for now. Its a direct flight to munich. PM me if you are interested.

·
Color blind photographer
1,730 Posts
gesoffen said:
June is high season so I'd expect the "cheap" tickets to be in the $900 to $1000+ range.

Try giving the fine folks at Gemütlichkeit a call: 800-521-6722 or www.gemut.com. They specialize in Germany, Austria, Switzerland travel.

Otherwise, you could try consolidators (Google search "air consolidators" or "Europe Consolidators". However, make sure you deal with a reputable company as there are some scammers out there.
I wasn't familiar with gemut.com and so I sent a price request online. I have already purchased the lowest price air I could find for early September at $1120 and Gemut came back with the exact same flights I am on for $850. I'm going to see if there's anything I can do to switch.

·
The King of Common Sense
2,142 Posts
KickinA said:
Hello All,

thanks
Try travelocity.com to get flights information, then book directly with that particular airline. Summer airline tickets are expensive.

·
Registered
42 Posts
You might consider flying to London (ususally much cheaper) and then catching a flight to Munich on one of the really cheap European discount airlines (ryanair or easyjet). Hardly non-stop business class, but maybe a more reasonable alternative in the summer.

·
Registered
457 Posts
KickinA said:
Hello All,

thanks
try getting 2-for-1 and then selling half. it doesn't seem too difficult. given the market price, you might be able to even subsidize your half.

·
Registered
207 Posts
One place you can check out is flyertalk.com. Every now and then you find an outstanding flight. For example, 2 days ago a flight from BOS -> madrid, spain popped up for $150 and lasted for about 12 hours. One guy on the site booked through munich also. Finding such a deal is not reliable, but you may luck out. When you get to the site, look under miles and points and then mileage run. Read the post rules before you start posting. The forum-folks tolerate much less than the bimmerfest-folks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts