Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went ahead and did it.

stock head unit for now.
12" jl w3
mbquart psd216's
mbquart rkc113's
phoenix gold tantrums, 400.4 for the deck/front and 500.2 for the sub.

The prospect of a head unit with eq is becoming very tempting, but I'd like one that folds into the dash for the lowest possible degree of conspicuiousness(sp). It's incredibly loud, like liquify your guts kind of loud. The guy said it was like a $700 install just for the box and quart placement but he did it for much less apparently because he liked my car or something. Overall I'm pleased with it but I need to get them to drain the gain a little bit or crank down the wattage because at low listening levels it still "thumps" if you know what I mean. If I were recommending a setup to someone else I'd say go with a sealed 10" better response, not so thick and thumpy.

·
Registered
21 Posts
That looks great!

Wow, that looks really nice. I put a sealed 10" Kicker and a Kicker amp in trunk. I like the sound a lot, but I think an 8" would have been fine too. I wish there was a way to add an amp to the rest of the speakers. But I don't want to mess with anything else involving the car's electronics.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Looks good! See if there are gains on the amps I'm sure you can turn it down yourself. Usually you want the gain on the amp to be 75% up and adjust the interior amplifier accordingly but in this case you have to adjust the sub to the stock radio so I'd just turn it down to like 0-25% gain...its suppose to sound like the bass is coming from all around you not just the trunk. If its too "bassy" <-- non-technical term :bigpimp: see if it has a crossover setting 40-60-80-100hz the higher the number the tighter the bass your going to get normally you set it to 80hz which I think is a good crossover point (you really don't get 80hz) depending on the amp but its normally not more then 10hz off haha. Good Luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.