BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Surprise, surprise.

My 2005 ED 545i came with another first aid kit when it was delivered to me last monday. Less items than the European version and comes with two feminine pads. :rofl:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Before leaving the car at Harms, I had removed everything from the trunk. I had to dump the screwdriver at the airport for not putting it in the check in baggage.

When I got the car back, everything except for the warning triangle was replaced. I have not checked for the contents of the first aid kit though. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
5,938 Posts
I pulled a lot off the car, too:

(1) Disc changer in the glove box
(2) Triangle
(3) Flashlight from glove box
(4) First-Aid Kit
(5) Front Euro license plate

I'm curious to see what was replaced.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I pulled out the Triangle, and First aid kit - niether was replaced.
I had to mention I never recieved a Owners manual/warrently book and US Navigation Disk or I would have never got them.
I think it all depends on the dealer, many do not know what is supposed to provided and what is not.

·
Premium Member
5,938 Posts
Ah, NAV disc!! I forgot about that one...I'll have to make sure I get that one. Thanks for the reminder!

:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ågent99 said:
I pulled a lot off the car, too:

(1) Disc changer in the glove box
(2) Triangle
(3) Flashlight from glove box
(4) First-Aid Kit
(5) Front Euro license plate

I'm curious to see what was replaced.
Ok...everything I left on the car made it to me on delivery including:

Flashlight, Disc Changer Magazine w/ CD's and rear license plate still affixed.

The car also had a Mulroney sticker with my name as the buyer and the MSRP for the car is the ED Msrp.

Also, I thought they had given me an extra manual since the leather case was sealed from the VDC. However, upon checking, there was no manual in the package. I received my manual in Europe so I guess the VDC has a special bin for ED cars w/ regards to w/c leather case to put in the car.

Oh yeah, the dirt that I left in Munich was also with the car! :thumbup:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Don't forget the rear license bracket

I too received an extra 1st aid kit upon redelivery in the US.

One thing I didn't get was the bracket for the rear US license plate. I kind of remember that the bracket was in the trunk while in Europe but when it was redelivered, no bracket.

The towel I had in there as well as the bag of extra screws were still in the trunk as well as some maps I left in the seat back pockets.

My Austria and Swiss toll stickers were also taken off. I kind of wish they didn't take them off as a nice souvenir for the car but as they say, oh well.....

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
BTW: It appears the 3 series first aid kit is just a bag of stuff, no box. In my e36 it's a first aid kit in a box in the trunk. My e46 is a plastic bag of stuff under the passenger seat?? Ugly... :thumbdwn:

·
mmm... carbs!
3,055 Posts
e36M3r said:
BTW: It appears the 3 series first aid kit is just a bag of stuff, no box. In my e36 it's a first aid kit in a box in the trunk. My e46 is a plastic bag of stuff under the passenger seat?? Ugly... :thumbdwn:
Huh? There is a box with a door mounted under the pass seat. The plastic bag goes in there.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I never looked at it. I had my wife 'bring the first aid kit', did she leave the box behind? Or is it mounted and we will put the plastic bag first-aid kit back in the box when we are re-united (me and the car, not me and the wife! :rofl: )

xspeedy said:
Huh? There is a box with a door mounted under the pass seat. The plastic bag goes in there.

·
mmm... carbs!
3,055 Posts
e36M3r said:
I never looked at it. I had my wife 'bring the first aid kit', did she leave the box behind? Or is it mounted and we will put the plastic bag first-aid kit back in the box when we are re-united (me and the car, not me and the wife! :rofl: )
The box stays in the car and will still be there when you pick it up. You just slide the bag back into the box.

·
BMW Fahrer
4,674 Posts
e36M3r said:
I think it's an optional part on the E46, standard in Europe but not installed for the US.

But you can order it (and it's mounting bracket) for the front seat (mounts to both left and right seats).

If I can find the part number I'll post it...

adc
03 330 ZHP

·
Premium Member
5,938 Posts
arnolds said:
Ok...everything I left on the car made it to me on delivery including:

Flashlight, Disc Changer Magazine w/ CD's and rear license plate still affixed.

The car also had a Mulroney sticker with my name as the buyer and the MSRP for the car is the ED Msrp.

Also, I thought they had given me an extra manual since the leather case was sealed from the VDC. However, upon checking, there was no manual in the package. I received my manual in Europe so I guess the VDC has a special bin for ED cars w/ regards to w/c leather case to put in the car.

Oh yeah, the dirt that I left in Munich was also with the car! :thumbup:
I took out the two manuals I got as well.

Cool, some European dirt/grass/crap. I may not have any of that left in my car, it has been detailed and ready for pick up! :cool:

·
Premium Member
5,938 Posts
e36M3r said:
xspeedy, adc, Thanks! :thumbup:

Agent99, I thought you were at DMV today... any word?
I'll be leaving work in 2 hours and 15 minutes. I'll post tonight what I find out.

Incidentally, I talked to the dealer doing my courtesy delivery, he said smog tests are very complicated now and run about $180!! :wow: He said he has only two guys qualified to run it. Further, he said a new car shouldn't require a smog check as far as he knows. He did say that it depends on how DMV views my car: new or used? New should be free from the test...Used he wasn't sure about.

·
Have a world-class day
756 Posts
Mine came back with another 1st aid kit but no extra triangle or flashlight. I was surprised that my rear German plate disappeared though. Kinda weird. Hum!!! :mad:

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yamilrx said:
Mine came back with another 1st aid kit but no extra triangle or flashlight. I was surprised that my rear German plate disappeared though. Kinda weird. Hum!!! :mad:
Ask your salesguy. Somebody swiped it at the dealership.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
arnolds said:
Surprise, surprise.

My 2005 ED 545i came with another first aid kit when it was delivered to me last monday. Less items than the European version and comes with two feminine pads. :rofl:
What about the floor mats? Did those come back as well? Or did the dealer have to give you new ones?

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
RichReg said:
What about the floor mats? Did those come back as well? Or did the dealer have to give you new ones?
On a 545, it came with what I got in Munich. I dunno about a 3 series.

·
Have a world-class day
756 Posts
RichReg said:
My floormats came back and even the $5 plastic ones as well. :rofl:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts