Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i got my car and wanted to share my experience with you guys.
The car is beautiful!!!

I almost bought a mercedes but the drive was very boring.

My car is alpine white and she is a beauty.
Inside the car, the seats are very comfortable.
I had the car on Comfort driving mode when i pulled out the dealer.
Really smooth acceleration. The feel of the turning was really comfortable - so nice.

Then i discovered the Sports mode. OMG - I constantly switch over to this bad boy.
I am driving in Toronto, and when i need to pass, I love how fast it can go around the cars.
I tested the speed on a 2km straight road, and whoa - your head just goes back.

I feel like driving in sports mode all the time!

The backseat has adequate room for people around 6 feet.

I did not get the surround sound and I do wish i had that. Read somewhere here people said that the speakers need to be broken into....

2 things that i found different or needs to get used to is the turning signal and the parking.
When i pulled out of the dealer, i didn't know how to turn off the signal. Signaled right to turn and when i wanted it to stop, i signaled left. I have to get used to this.

The other thing is the parking. I positioned myself into a parallel parking position.
I go to park by pushing it all the way forward. I almost rear ended the guy behind me.
Naturally you push forward to put it in park.

I have the carpet floor mats but i want the rubber ones. Where do you guys buy this for your car? I want a nice looking one.

thanks

·
Yabba Dabba Doo!
363 Posts
Congrats!
I see you're up in Toronto and have xDrive. I got the xDrive all weather mats. A step up from the regular all weathers, IMO. They cover half the dead pedal, up past the brake and gas and have a great lip all around the edges. Passenger as well. Great protection if you drive year round.

·
Freedom isn't free!!
19,743 Posts
Congrats! It's the internet, you know the drill, pics or it didn't happen. :)

To stop the turn signal just push it in the same direction it's flashing. So if it's flashing left push it down and it will stop.

Look up Bimmerfester Technic. He has all the low down on sound upgrades. There's a fairly inexpensive one to improve the base system.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congrats! It's the internet, you know the drill, pics or it didn't happen. :)

To stop the turn signal just push it in the same direction it's flashing. So if it's flashing left push it down and it will stop.

Look up Bimmerfester Technic. He has all the low down on sound upgrades. There's a fairly inexpensive one to improve the base system.
lol... i will upload some

I didn't know about pushing on it in the same direction.. i always pull it the other way slightly.. balancing act

thank you

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought the BMW All Weather Floor mats through shopbmwusa.com. Got the ones with red accent to match sport line trim. Have had them for 1 1/2 years. They still look great.

http://www.shopbmwusa.com/PRODUCT/3762/BMW-ALL-WEATHER-FLOOR-MATS---SPORT-LINE?from=/Standard/Content/Accessories/VehicleAccessories.aspx&return=/Standard/Content/Accessories/VehicleAccessories.aspx
Nice car there - love the colour

I checked out the mats and did find the modern line.. i think that one goes with my car.
the red streak looks really nice but not sure if it will go with mine.
i have the luxury line with oyster interior
black floors .. not sure how the red will go with the oyster

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congrats!
I see you're up in Toronto and have xDrive. I got the xDrive all weather mats. A step up from the regular all weathers, IMO. They cover half the dead pedal, up past the brake and gas and have a great lip all around the edges. Passenger as well. Great protection if you drive year round.
I found the all weather but not sure if it was the xdrive all weather. i will check it out.

thanks alot

·
Yabba Dabba Doo!
363 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Great choice. I have a 13 328 Msport and it's been a great daily driver. Gets up and goes when you need it and is very economical.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Then i discovered the Sports mode. OMG - I constantly switch over to this bad boy.
I am driving in Toronto, and when i need to pass, I love how fast it can go around the cars.
I tested the speed on a 2km straight road, and whoa - your head just goes back.
Given the weather we've had lately, you might want to play it a bit conservatively until you know your limits on slippery and cold roads!! Definitely get some winter tires, I just found a used set with BMW OEM rims, sensors, with a season or two left on some run flat tires on craigslist for a really decent price. I noticed a difference in driving performance.

I did not get the surround sound and I do wish i had that. Read somewhere here people said that the speakers need to be broken into....
Some really nice audio upgrades are available, do a search here for BimmerTech's amplifier kit, and BMW speaker kits from bavsound or focal. It will be my first project when the weather gets warm enough.

Oh, and I negotiated a set of rubber mats in my deal. Great salesman helped me out!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Given the weather we've had lately, you might want to play it a bit conservatively until you know your limits on slippery and cold roads!! Definitely get some winter tires, I just found a used set with BMW OEM rims, sensors, with a season or two left on some run flat tires on craigslist for a really decent price. I noticed a difference in driving performance.

Some really nice audio upgrades are available, do a search here for BimmerTech's amplifier kit, and BMW speaker kits from bavsound or focal. It will be my first project when the weather gets warm enough.

Oh, and I negotiated a set of rubber mats in my deal. Great salesman helped me out!
Thanks for the tip.. I am thinking of doing the all weather mats and the Bavsound is what i am leaning to

·
Registered
46 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts