BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Premium Member
22,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
F30 328i Remus Exhaust

Few cars need an aftermarket exhaust more then the F30 328i. The N20 turbo 4 cylinders power plants major down fall is its diesel like ticking and banging, especially at start up. To make matters worse the stock exhaust has almost no growl or start up burble to help mask the undesirable engine noise. Get out on the road and the exhaust sound is flat and uninspiring. In short the F30 328i does not sound like the Ultimate Driving Machine.

Remus has just teased us with the initial details on their F30 328i sport exhaust. Offered in two flavors, a stock layout, dual left handed pipe setup and a semi-wild layout with quad tips on the left and ride side. The initial offering will be with 76mm chrome tips but it sounds like other tip options are coming. The exhaust is not setup for the M Sport kit unfortunately and the left and right tips will require cutting your rear bumper to order accordingly.

Pricing -
  • Left only, dual outlets - P/N: 086012 0504 List: $866.00
  • Left / Right, quad outlets - P/N: 086012 1504 List: $1285.00

For more info check out www.remususa.com and stay tuned to Bimmerfest.com. Will you be getting an aftermarket exhaust for your F30?

· Registered
679 Posts
F30 328i Remus Exhaust

Few cars need an aftermarket exhaust more then the F30 328i. The N20 turbo 4 cylinders power plants major down fall is its diesel like ticking and banging, especially at start up. To make matters worse the stock exhaust has almost no growl or start up burble to help mask the undesirable engine noise. Get out on the road and the exhaust sound is flat and inspiring. In short the F30 328i does not sound like the Ultimate Driving Machine.

Remus has just teased us with the initial details on their F30 328i sport exhaust. Offered in two flavors, a stock layout, dual left handed pipe setup and a semi-wild layout with quad tips on the left and ride side. The initial offering will be with 76mm chrome tips but it sounds like other tip options are coming. The exhaust is not setup for the M Sport kit unfortunately and the left and right tips will require cutting your rear bumper to order accordingly.

Pricing
  • Left only, dual outlets - P/N: 086012 0504 List: $866.00
  • Left / Right, quad outlets - P/N: 086012 1504 List: $1285.00

For more info check out www.remususa.com and stay tuned to Bimmerfest.com. Will you be getting an aftermarket exhaust for your F30?

Uninspiring?

· Premium Member
22,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You get use to the start up noises and such and there isn't much you can do about that. But there is something you can do about the lack of 'oomph' sounds when you stomp on it. I think a exhaust with some growl will really make driving the F30 328i come to life.

Tim

· Registered
4,717 Posts
You get use to the start up noises and such and there isn't much you can do about that. But there is something you can do about the lack of 'oomph' sounds when you stomp on it. I think a exhaust with some growl will really make driving the F30 328i come to life.

Tim
Since the 335i already can be ordered with the PE installed at the port, how long do you think before the 328i can be ordered with a PE installed? Supposedly the BMW PE for the N20 will be available soon.

· Registered
3,283 Posts
I haven't. I had meant to try and record sounds from the F30 M Performance Parts car that BMW brought to Bimmerfest East two weeks ago but we didn't have time.

Tim
Oh. But were you able to hear it?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.