1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Looks Good...got Anymore?

·
///Monkeyazz Duck
8,025 Posts
HUGE sigh of relief - much more evolutionary (and classier) than those horrific photochops that have been circulating. Me likee!

·
///Monkeyazz Duck
8,025 Posts
Would expect it to have most / all the same features as the E60 as the last (current) gen model pretty much followed the E39. So prolly will include HUD, adaptive cruise, active ventilated seats, Logic 7, etc. (Expect that the E70's new "rocket ship" shifter will appear on the facelifted E60 next year, too).

BTW looks like a Rhode Island plate on that prototype. What's up with that?

·
Registered
221 Posts
bmwxdrive said:
Sorry should have been specific...(besides the :yikes:-drive).....Like night vision, Traffic updating like Acura.......Lane Departure system...something along those lines..
Howabout "paddle shifters" and the re-design of the shift nob on the center console?

Very much similar to the previous spy photos. The design looks a bit too mellow, imo. Hopefully there will be some M-line sport kit to make it look more muscular.

As to color, will Carbon Black and Sparkling Graphite be available?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Am I correct that the price for the 06's are:

3.0i - starting from US43,000
4.4i - starting from US53,000
4.8is - starting from US71,100

·
Registered
235 Posts
Price gap between 4.8 is so huge from a base price perspective because nearly everything is standard on a 4.8 that typically would be added to a 4.4 like prem, sport etc.

Most 4.4's are well above $60K msrp

·
I know a thing or two...
7,439 Posts
mswaz said:
Price gap between 4.8 is so huge from a base price perspective because nearly everything is standard on a 4.8 that typically would be added to a 4.4 like prem, sport etc.

Most 4.4's are well above $60K msrp
RI plates... how did I miss that truck driving around here?? ;)

·
I know a thing or two...
7,439 Posts
quackbury said:
BTW looks like a Rhode Island plate on that prototype. What's up with that?
They use different states for the pictures that they take for the brochures... they've used Hawaii, Florida, California, etc. from what I remember in the past. Rhode Island (New England market big for X5s) seems like a good choice for the X5.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.