BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thank you very much for sharing Tim! :thumbup:

Would love the newer engine and the interior looks like an upgrade, but the outside is a little "round" for my taste and I actually prefer the 2007 version. Of course that feeling would likely go away the first time I drive one of those....;)

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
The headlights in the magazine rendering are hideous and remind me of an old Audi A6. The rear quarter view in the first photo looks stunning.

-MrB

·
Registered
2018 X5M, 2014 X3
771 Posts
Looks nice. Any "Official" word on Tranny configurations? Doesn't look promising for those wanting a MT. We had a 335i automatic loaner last week while ours was getting the window regulator fixed, and that thing launched hard and fast. Just needed a third pedal to make it a blast. That engine (detuned a bit) in the X3 should be fun. :D

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Taking a closer look, the rear bumper has two tow hooks now. This is a good thing as newer X5s have that too and you can buy a bicycle rack for them that goes in these tow hooks without spending on roof racks or hitch if you are not into towing things and have no additional use of roof rack either. Very few people will actually use it but it opens scope for quite a few accessories.

The fog lights are higher up, so I am thinking the adaptive light feature will shift to fog lamps (you turn and that side's fog lamp comes on and swivels) like X5 and X6. What is that white thing on brake duct grill though?

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Will withhold judgement

but, visiblity out the rear looks "interesting". As another poster stated looks a bit round, kinda like the boot shaped Inf FX

·
BMW Enthusiast!
5,679 Posts
Well, if the launch goes well I will proabably trade my X3 in for 1 in 2 years. I will have over 100k miles by then. Hopefully it keeps running nicely!

·
Ukemi - that's how I roll
4,252 Posts
Love the interior layout.

LOVE the speed specs

Still wish they would accommodate a better speaker configuration.

4 inch or 100m speakers will never reproduce audio properly.

Not sure about that rear window as well.

Guess will have to see one in person and drive it.

I too am betting that as long as the tranny operates correctly I will go for one.

However, I will go with MD on this one and wait at least a year before trying a first gen again.

·
I'm a Mac
17,699 Posts
looks nice to me. i might get one. any word on an mx3 (or is it an x3m?).

:dunno:

·
Registered
2017 430i hardtop convertible coupe. 2003 X3 3.0, 6 speed, 2002 Nissan Frontier XE, 3.6 V6, 5 speed
100 Posts
I think it will reduce the complains about dirty pants due to door sill as well, considering a significant portion is now covered by door and it's not protruding out like existing running boards.
First thing I looked for. Impossible to avoid rubbing my calf on the sill.....

·
Registered
273 Posts
Wow, never thought it would look that good from the pics with the camouflage on it!! The interior is very, very nice. It doesn't look much bigger from the current one either, I like that.

I hope the towing rate will be a bit higher up to 4000/4500lbs, on par with the Q5.

Well, I really like what I see. Make mine Alpine White/Terracotta interior, with the 3.5i :bigpimp:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.