BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, all you S. Florida 335D's out there, we will hold the first reunion of "Afficionados" at the Weston Chevron (intersection Weston Road and Royal Palm) at 12 noon Saturday 17 Dec.

Be there... or don't!:flipoff:

Actually, Flyingman, Norty Norty and AlpineZ something or other will meet for some Venezuelan coffee, my treat!:thumbup:

We'll post some photos.:eeps:

·
Premium Member
2,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
OK, The photos from the 1st Official S. Florida 335D meet up.

Flyingman (Black 2010), Norty Norty (Blue 2011) and A8540TDI (White 2011). AlpineZ300 had to take a pass this time.

Compared trim, tires, repair experiences. Good fun, good discussions.:D

I'll set up another one in January or February.

Be there or be square!:thumbup:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You are treating folks to Venezuelan coffee? Too bad I'm at the opposite end of the country. ;)
Let's see, if you leave now, beat the LA Traffic, you could be here by say Monday evening?:p

·
Premium Member
2,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice line up of d's. You guys probably own the only 3 d's in the state of FL. :rofl:
Actually I think there are quite a few now. They just don't hang out on this site.:roundel:

I used to get all excited if I saw one but not so much anymore.

I have no statistics on how many there are, but just on this site we must have close to 20 or so.

And Flordia is split up like Ca., with South, Central and Northern with about an 8 or more hour drive difference.

We'll see how many respond to the next meet up. I'll do better than a one day notice next time.:thumbup:

·
Registered
715 Posts
Actually I think there are quite a few now. They just don't hang out on this site.:roundel:

I used to get all excited if I saw one but not so much anymore.

I have no statistics on how many there are, but just on this site we must have close to 20 or so.

And Flordia is split up like Ca., with South, Central and Northern with about an 8 or more hour drive difference.

We'll see how many respond to the next meet up. I'll do better than a one day notice next time.:thumbup:
Yea I figured there were more than 3 in entire state. :D They are just so damn rare to see. I see maybe 1 per month around here. At lcoal BMW gatherings there might one other. At bimmerfest there were only 3 mine included.

·
Premium Member
2,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What was interesting to see was how we were all so finicky about our 335ds. They were spotless and without any significant scratches or dings.:sabrina:

I know I go out of my way whenever I park to avoid being pinned in next to other cars, to avoid those door dings. Also to keep my car garaged and in the shade whenever possible.

I do that with all my cars, drives my wife crazy when I park farther away when there are much closer parking spots. She just doesn't get it.:dunno:

·
Registered
65 Posts
OK, The photos from the 1st Official S. Florida 335D meet up.

Flyingman (Black 2010), Norty Norty (Blue 2011) and A8540TDI (White 2011). AlpineZ300 had to take a pass this time.

Compared trim, tires, repair experiences. Good fun, good discussions.:D

I'll set up another one in January or February.

Be there or be square!:thumbup:
Iwill try to make the next one. Did the owner of the whote D see me run a tricked out Ford the other day? I had just honked at a white D in Coral Springs when I ran up against the Ford.

·
Registered
361 Posts
No, it wasn't me! Havn't been in Coral Springs for a while. Did have to disciplin a frisky G35 on the way home, I think he was truly surprised by the d's acceleration in the sweet spot - 60-100, pulled about 3 lengths on him but was not prepared to go deep into triple digits, so let him pass after that.

·
East Coast Commuter
4,675 Posts
What was interesting to see was how we were all so finicky about our 335ds. They were spotless and without any significant scratches or dings.:sabrina:

I know I go out of my way whenever I park to avoid being pinned in next to other cars, to avoid those door dings. Also to keep my car garaged and in the shade whenever possible.

I do that with all my cars, drives my wife crazy when I park farther away when there are much closer parking spots. She just doesn't get it.:dunno:
My wife is the same as me...parks way away from everyone. :thumbup:

Iwill try to make the next one. Did the owner of the whote D see me run a tricked out Ford the other day? I had just honked at a white D in Coral Springs when I ran up against the Ford.
Same here...sorry I was out of town when I got the message from Flyingman about the meet. Will try to make the next one guys.

·
Registered
916 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
@TDI I had an infiniti GS37S, I guess thats what it was go after me and he was on my ass, being a large car i believe he was a V8 but when we came to a stop he was grinning maybe for the fact that he was on my tail or that my "D" was a surprise to him. I think both!!

·
Premium Member
2,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
@TDI I had an infiniti GS37S, I guess thats what it was go after me and he was on my ass, being a large car i believe he was a V8 but when we came to a stop he was grinning maybe for the fact that he was on my tail or that my "D" was a surprise to him. I think both!!
In San Juan? Could be a friend of mine, what color was it?

Axel, I get to PR about once a year, I'll give a shout out next time, we can have some arranitas and beer.

·
Premium Member
2,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Axel, to be honest they all drive crazy in PR.:loco:

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.