·
Can has cheezburger
2,081 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks like a great trip! Where do you recommend to stay in Nice?
Novotel near the airport. No airport noise, nice rooms, secure fenced parking, 10 minute walk from bus and train, a whole restaurant row right on the beach. Or turn car in early and they shuttle you. Can get everywhere by bus and train. Car wash near train station.

Attachments

·
Novice driver
3,898 Posts
Very nice trip review and video, thanks Gary J. :thumbup:

·
SECDEF
508 Posts
Novotel near the airport. No airport noise, nice rooms, secure fenced parking, 10 minute walk from bus and train, a whole restaurant row right on the beach. Or turn car in early and they shuttle you. Can get everywhere by bus and train. Car wash near train station.
Thank you! I am planning to do Nice drop off on my next ED next year.

·
Aviator
2,930 Posts
Thank you! I am planning to do Nice drop off on my next ED next year.
Nice is great location for an ED drop! We were going to extend our trip another week and drop the 440 vert in Barcelona, but elected to keep the trip to 3 weeks and fly home from Nice before Thanksgiving. It's been ~20 years since we last dropped off an ED car in Nice; back then the Harms location was a long ways from the airport.

Great looking car GaryJ :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I do not have many good pictures of the car. We pulled out of the Welt directly into a parking spot where we stuck some paint protection film on the front my PPF dealer gave me. Kind of ugly with bubbles and all but when we took it off at the car wash in Nice the paint was perfect. After redelivery it goes straight for PPF, Ceramic Pro and window tint.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,006 Posts
Looks like they have 3 hotels near Nice Airport - witch one you stay?

·
Aviator
2,930 Posts
Thread drift, but here's where we like to stay when in the Nice area, half way between Cannes and Nice; Cagnes-sur-Mer area

http://www.bellesrives.com/en/

·
Registered
17 Posts
Great car Gary! Thanks to you and dkreiidel's good tips, now I want plan an ED that includes lake Como and Nice (but will have to wait, since I prefer to pick up the car in the Spring )

Sent from my iPad using Bimmerfest

1 - 20 of 22 Posts