BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,
I lost my mind and bought this amazing car in November, a new 08 328i. Overall, it is a dream car with a few issues...I want to know if this stuff is common...

I have had to return the car a couple of times for small things to be serviced, like my navigation knob (broke off after 3 days) and my trunk latch (wouldn't shut after a few days)....

When they repaired the trunk a bunch of blue dripped down the paint and it appears stained. The dealership says they'll clean that up (I couldn't when I washed it twice)...

So, is this common? I just fear that it will continue when I no longer have a warranty (in which case I would not be able to afford to keep the car!)

·
Leave gun. Take Canoli.
7,697 Posts
Well..... I did have more problems with m 335 in the first few months than I did in 4+ years with my G35, but now that I think I've gotten all the big things taken care of I really haven't had any issues. I had several idrive issues, fuel pump went out, break light went out and I forget if there was anything else. Hopefully by the time your warranty is up though everything that can break will be broken and fixed.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I think the range of problems with any new car go from nothing to lemon. It's a complicated machine. I've been very, very lucky. Take pictures of the damage to the trunk and make sure the dealer restores it to original. Be pleasant and develop a good working relationship with all the folks at the dealership.
Please post pics when you can...folks here like to look at cars.

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
Well..... I did have more problems with m 335 in the first few months than I did in 4+ years with my G35, but now that I think I've gotten all the big things taken care of I really haven't had any issues. I had several idrive issues, fuel pump went out, break light went out and I forget if there was anything else. Hopefully by the time your warranty is up though everything that can break will be broken and fixed.
First it's Mikey's break pads & now a break light.

Where are these on my car? :dunno:

·
Leave gun. Take Canoli.
7,697 Posts
First it's Mikey's break pads & now a break light.

Where are these on my car? :dunno:
OMG. Did I say that??? :yikes::yikes::yikes: I think I read enough of mike's posts that I started thinking thats the way its supposed to be spelled. PLEASE forgive my momentary lapse is brilliance. In 7th grade I did get out on the spelling be with the word "would." I'm slowly improving... :tsk:

·
Registered
7,144 Posts
OMG. Did I say that??? :yikes::yikes::yikes: I think I read enough of mike's posts that I started thinking thats the way its supposed to be spelled. PLEASE forgive my momentary lapse is brilliance. In 7th grade I did get out on the spelling be with the word "would." I'm slowly improving... :tsk:
spelling be or spelling bee.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts