BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a black '95 525i and the exterior has been neglected. I was planning on using meguiars (for price and availability). I think i've got a good idea what to do after reading through this and their forum, but have a few questions. 1.) after washing, do i clay, then use paint cleaner? should i use their scratchX too? 2.) what wax would you suggest? i was thinking of their carnauba wax since the car is black. 3.) is there something i can use for the application in each step that is inexpensive? actually i don't really know what to use for each step at all.

Any other suggestions are very welcome. Should I be doing something different this first time or after the first time? BTW, I will be doing this by hand (for now), and unfortunately it will be outside 24/7. Any response is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
7,781 Posts
haplo said:
I just got a black '95 525i and the exterior has been neglected. I was planning on using meguiars (for price and availability). what wax would you suggest? i was thinking of their carnauba wax since the car is black.
One of the very top waxes (some say only second to Pinnacle Souveran which costs about $60 :yikes: ) is called P21S which is rarely commercially available and costs about $30 (plus shipping) if you order it on the Internet, but the same company markets a wax for motorcycles under the brand name "S100" which is supposed to be the exact same thing and is sold for half the price ($15 for a pretty big jar) at Harley Davidson shops and possibly other motorcyle dealers.

Not sure if you have a HD near you, but if you do, IMO it's going to be better than anything else you'll find retail. I just bought some for my father at a local HD dealer for $14.95 on Weds. It's supposed to be particularly good on dark colors and won't stain rubber, plastic, or vinyl trim - a huge plus IMO. Good luck. :)

P21Svs. S100

Link to info on S100

Link to info on P21S

1 - 2 of 2 Posts