BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for my poor english, I just ordered '11 550i for my wife. We are MB fans, but this time we want to try something new. Can't wait to get the bimmer.

BMW 550i
Convenience Package
Driver Assistance Package
Premium Package 2
STEPTRONIC automatic transmission
4-zone automatic climate control
Rear-seat entertainment
Side and Top View Cameras

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
I've been back and forth with both brands. You will like this car a lot, they've made the car a bit softer to most people's liking, and real world driving. The comfort features on the car you have make getting in and out of the car, parking, accessing the trunk, much more luxurious than the previous 5. It's true, some of the sportiness has been sapped out of this car, but in the real world, which is the one I live in, it's a much more refined,stylish and well executed package. I just got out of a CL550, and I like this car more.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Congratulations! Enjoy the car and post your comments once you pile up the miles.

·
Premium Member
6,882 Posts
Welcome to the Fest and congrats with you new 550i. In 2007 I bought two Mercedes (SL550 & GL450) and both were great cars. This go around I have two 2011 BMW's. Although they are very different sedans, I'm enjoying them both. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
BMW is for my wife, she wont let me add any sport packs, but I have '11 ML550 fully loaded.
I suggest you switch vehicles with your wife and go see your SA and add the sports package before its too late trust me you won't regret it!:D

·
Drink More Wine!
242 Posts
I've been back and forth with both brands. You will like this car a lot, they've made the car a bit softer to most people's liking, and real world driving. The comfort features on the car you have make getting in and out of the car, parking, accessing the trunk, much more luxurious than the previous 5. It's true, some of the sportiness has been sapped out of this car, but in the real world, which is the one I live in, it's a much more refined,stylish and well executed package. I just got out of a CL550, and I like this car more.
+1 (except for the coming out of a CL550 part)

·
Sejanus
5,785 Posts
Thank you for your advice, but I dont drive fast and race, i am more technology geek.
Neither am I, but the MSport package is worth it on looks alone in my opinion. Great choice on the 550i though!!:thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
232 Posts
The 550i is all about the power and the control transfer in the steering. Why would anyone not want this car without the sport package and a very tight suspension? I prefer the 2010 M sport package in the e60 better than the current f10 offering. Frankly to my eyes the new model lines are just too conservative. In the end though the 550 is the right direction. I hope you enjoy your new ride!

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
The 550i is all about the power and the control transfer in the steering. Why would anyone not want this car without the sport package and a very tight suspension? I prefer the 2010 M sport package in the e60 better than the current f10 offering. Frankly to my eyes the new model lines are just too conservative. In the end though the 550 is the right direction. I hope you enjoy your new ride!
The new madel is too conservative vs the e60 melted block of cheese????????????? :confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
232 Posts
The new madel is too conservative vs the e60 melted block of cheese????????????? :confused::confused::confused:
The only thing I like about the 2011 f10 compared with the 2010 e60 550i M sport are the tail lights. These look very cool at night. I really like the front end of the e60 2010 M sport better as well compared with the new model. The hood and headlights on the new model just don't make it for me. Different strokes for different folks. Is it wrong to like melted cheese.....?

·
Registered
95 Posts
The only thing I like about the 2011 f10 compared with the 2010 e60 550i M sport are the tail lights. These look very cool at night. I really like the front end of the e60 2010 M sport better as well compared with the new model. The hood and headlights on the new model just don't make it for me. Different strokes for different folks. Is it wrong to like melted cheese.....?
i like melted cheese !!! to me, E60 is one of its own kind. It's head/tail light design is so far away from conventional BMW that i don't think BMW will introduce something again like that. F10 is basically back to the normal track, it looks aggressive but lack of surprise.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.