BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
DZLE
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been meaning to do it for some time now and tonight I finally put my car in Sport Mode and stomped on the gas. There is a perfect area where you get off one highway and have to merge onto another both with speed limits of 70 mph. I usually turn down the radio just to hear the roar and this time I put it in sport also. WOW, Awesome acceleration! :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
It just puts a smile on your face, doesn't it man? :D

And I do agree with manual mode, it's ridiculously fun once you get the chance to play around with it :rofl:

·
jenkx
712 Posts
There are times of really great freeway driving late at night in LA. Whenever I get on the freeway I go to sports mode, SOOOOOOO much fun!!! I rarely use manual mode because its hard to shift using the buttons when turning. I wish the car had paddle shifters, I'd use manual most of the time then.

·
TTurboFest
962 Posts
Lol , funny when i first bought the car and it felt not quite what i expected to be do to lack of quick gear ( down shifts and up shifts ) . Then When I first found out about sport mode and tried it , I was like WOW :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
There are times of really great freeway driving late at night in LA. Whenever I get on the freeway I go to sports mode, SOOOOOOO much fun!!! I rarely use manual mode because its hard to shift using the buttons when turning. I wish the car had paddle shifters, I'd use manual most of the time then.
Paddle shifts are just as hard if not harder to get to in a turn. Good driving technique however is to never have to change gears while youre in a turn. All your braking and downshifting should be done before you start to turn the turn :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.