BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
First time potential BWW owner.
I am getting an offer on a 328i Xdrive from a dealer for 12K below MSRP. It’s a “New” car; a loaner that has 4K miles on it.
Terms for lease as follows:
MSRP: $47,545
Negotiated Price: $35,500
Residual: 66%: 10K lease
MF: 0.00137
MSD: 7
State Tax: 7%

My monthly payments are coming to either $196 or $262 (depending on if I pre-pay tax and fees or roll everything in lease (i.e. 0 down)
Question 1: Is this a good deal for a loaner?
Question 2: Any benefit in paying tax and fees upfront for lower payment?
Total cost of ownership over 3 years (excl. security deposit, which I will get back) = approx. 9,300 in both cases.

·
Freedom isn't free!!
19,814 Posts
Hello,
I am getting an offer on a 328i Xdrive from a dealer for 12K below MSRP. It's a "New" car; a loaner that has 4K miles on it.

My monthly payments are coming to either $196 or $262 (depending on if I pre-pay tax and fees or roll everything in lease (i.e. 0 down)
Total cost of ownership over 3 years (excl. security deposit, which I will get back) = approx. 9,300 in both cases.
1). It's a good deal. Is the car CPO Elite? Most loaners are.

2). No big benefit to paying fees and taxes upfront, except you don't pay interest on them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1). It's a good deal. Is the car CPO Elite? Most loaners are.

2). No big benefit to paying fees and taxes upfront, except you don't pay interest on them.
It's not a CPO elite. Will be treated as a new car with all new car warranty and maintainence.

Thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hello,
I am getting an offer on a 328i Xdrive from a dealer for 12K below MSRP. It's a "New" car; a loaner that has 4K miles on it.

$262 per month for $47,545 MSRP! A great deal, better that anything I've ever seen.
The current mileage does not mean much for a lease as long as you are not planning on buying the car after the lease is over.
Just make sure there is no visible body damage and tires are in good shape.

Can I ask what dealer is it?
Hope they have a 340 M-Sport with similar MF and discount.

·
Freedom isn't free!!
19,814 Posts
It's not a CPO elite. Will be treated as a new car with all new car warranty and maintainence.

Thanks for your reply.
You should get them to CPO Elite the car. The maintenance and warranty clock started the day the car went into service as a loaner, not the mileage and day you buy the car.

·
Registered
301 Posts
You should get them to CPO Elite the car. The maintenance and warranty clock started the day the car went into service as a loaner, not the mileage and day you buy the car.
Still if the car is less than one year old it should be under the new car warranty for the term of lease, correct?

·
Freedom isn't free!!
19,814 Posts
Still if the car is less than one year old it should be under the new car warranty for the term of lease, correct?
Good point. Yes, that's true. So, for a lease it won't really matter.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am new to learning lease numbers as well. I just have a question on your lease numbers. It says you are paying 7 MSDs. If that's the case, shouldn't your MF be much lower then .00137? Correct me if I'm wrong please.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I am new to learning lease numbers as well. I just have a question on your lease numbers. It says you are paying 7 MSDs. If that's the case, shouldn't your MF be much lower then .00137? Correct me if I'm wrong please.
With 7 MSDs it should've been 0.00088. Interesting enough the lease payment is great but numbers presented do not add up.

After running the numbers through a lease calculator I feel that I would like to see the lease agreement. What fees were added, MSDs details, etc.

·
Flying monkey herder
8,166 Posts
With 7 MSDs it should've been 0.00088. Interesting enough the lease payment is great but numbers presented do not add up.

After running the numbers through a lease calculator I feel that I would like to see the lease agreement. What fees were added, MSDs details, etc.
did you reduce the RV for the mileage over 500? i believe its 0.25 per mile.
for a loaner/demo lease, RV is new car RV - (0.25 x (Mileage -500))

i get 196.83 without tax.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts