BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my new 2013 X3 Friday night and already put on 170 miles on it in less than 48 hours. Needless to say, I love it.

I did find one thing that I do want but don't know how to get. While trying to park on the hills of San Francisco, I find the rear camera or parking sensor would have greatly helped. The high profile of the X3 backing into a parking spot with a short prius behind doesn't make it easy to see how much space I have. Luckily my wife helped in the tight spots, but it's much different line of sight than a sedan.

So I ask the forum, what's the best way to get a backup camera/sensor to my X3. The car has navigation. What options are out there?

· Registered
146 Posts
Contact your dealer about having the camera installed, some features might be missing compared to the factory, but the price would be extremely high! A few $000 might be about right, consider an aftermarket if a camera is a must-have.

· Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I inquired with the dealer I got the car from and they responded: "for 750 I can add 2 rear sensors."

I asked for clarification. But I guess my other question to the group, are these prices negotiable? Is it worth my effort to scout other dealers?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.