1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
from

to

tied it all in

dont hate on the black. i painted myself and turned out good :). got the speakers from a junkyard, tore them apart to use the covers. since they were from a junk car, they had some cracks that had to be taken care of, which then called for a new paint job. turned out okay as far as im concerned :thumbup:

·
Registered
9 Posts
were did you get those speaker grills? my speakers look like the before and i would love to fix that

looks great by the way:]

·
The Canadian Prick.
12,984 Posts
were did you get those speaker grills? my speakers look like the before and i would love to fix that

looks great by the way:]
dont hate on the black. i painted myself and turned out good :). got the speakers from a junkyard, tore them apart to use the covers. since they were from a junk car, they had some cracks that had to be taken care of, which then called for a new paint job. turned out okay as far as im concerned :thumbup:
That's where...

OP great job!

·
Registered
269 Posts
What did you use to paint the speaker grilles with?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
haha :p

ACTUALLY.. its called Plasti-Dip. VERY EASY to use. peels right off if you mess up and coats dry in 5 minutes or less (says 30 min but i live in FL... it was dry in about 1 minute).

Bought it at Home Depot

3 coats and i was done :)

·
BMWCCA HPDE Instructor
23,466 Posts
Heh, I've been using PlastiDip for the last few days. It definitely takes the full 30 minutes to dry here in Seattle...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
wow really? i can peel mine off after about 3 minutes. i wait 5 minutes between coats. I also use light coats.

plasti-dip is awesome isnt it? it gets to be an addiction i just want to go paint everything :p

·
Registered
269 Posts
im going to take a HUGE guess and say...
SPRAY PAINT
Well of course haha

haha :p

ACTUALLY.. its called Plasti-Dip. VERY EASY to use. peels right off if you mess up and coats dry in 5 minutes or less (says 30 min but i live in FL... it was dry in about 1 minute).

Bought it at Home Depot

3 coats and i was done :)
Ok thanks I've been using Plasti-Dip in the recent past so I'm used to it using it

wow really? i can peel mine off after about 3 minutes. i wait 5 minutes between coats. I also use light coats.

plasti-dip is awesome isnt it? it gets to be an addiction i just want to go paint everything :p
Yes it is addicting, I'm looking for thinks that need to be resprayed or something that I want to see in black.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts