BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This afternoon, as I approach my vehicle, I find these flappy yellow pieces of paper on my hood...

Upon closer inspection...

So...obviously...someone likes the wagon!

What is interesting is that it's not the first time I have gotten funny notes on my car. A couple months ago...when I was driving the E30 one day...
...I see this nice E36 M3/4 parked near me at work. So...I figure I would leave a nice note to see if it was an enthusiast. The note says one thing..."E30>E36". I figure if he/she gets it...great! Otherwise...no loss.

A few days later, I find this on my car...

I have not seen the E36 since.

·
Thebizzy.com
6,429 Posts
I didn't get any of it. Maybe I'm from a different planet and do not understand? :dunno:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Someone in my office building, whom I do not know, placed a set of post-it notes on my 5 series wagon calling it...essentially a Bavarian Milk Wagon (BMW) as a joke. This was amusing to me because of a previous exchange of post-it notes I had with a person who owns an E36 m3.

Basically, there is a fellow enthusiast in my parking deck who has a sense of humor.

·
Thebizzy.com
6,429 Posts
Now that make sense. Thanks for clearing it up tabasco. ;) And yes that is one sweet BMWagon. :D

·
Kwitcherbitchin!
154 Posts
the one i did not get was that about the note from the e36 guy!
Correct me if I`m wrong, the E36 owner was saying that his engine is better than Tabasco's. (Those numbers are the engine names. E36 M3 = S52B32US > E30 = M20B25).

·
Run Far
367 Posts
There are 9 other people who drive BMWs here at my job. Not a single one of them knew what a Bimmer was, let alone even heard of the term :tsk: I should have kept my mouth shut because now they bug me with their car problems.

·
Thebizzy.com
6,429 Posts
That's cool!!!!

I'm going to start leaving post it notes on peoples cars.... :D
HAHA me too!

There are 9 other people who drive BMWs here at my job. Not a single one of them knew what a Bimmer was, let alone even heard of the term :tsk: I should have kept my mouth shut because now they bug me with their car problems.
LMAO that's too funny. Just tell them to goto e38.org/e39, or of course Bimmerfest.com for their problems.

Funny thing, I always thought it was Beemer like a lot of peeps. Then I happened to check wikipedia and it has a great history behind the naming. Not to mention I bought my car at TheBimmerStore here in Atlanta. ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Correct me if I`m wrong, the E36 owner was saying that his engine is better than Tabasco's. (Those numbers are the engine names. E36 M3 = S52B32US > E30 = M20B25).
Exactly! I forget some times that not everyone knows the Engine codes. Sorry! :D

Hahahahaha! That happens to me as well. Just Monday...one of my employees comes in and says..."Jason, my car makes a funny noise when in reverse. Can you take a look at it?"

That's cool!!!!

I'm going to start leaving post it notes on peoples cars.... :D
A couple years ago, in the GA section of Bimmerforums, someone created a "Bimmer Card". It basically just said something to the effect of..."Hey...nice BMW...you should check out this forum." I think I still have a few in my car. I should hand them out.

jason

·
Ivan
686 Posts
where I work there is only one guy with a BMW, but he drives a 325i,

if I leave a note on his car, that piece of shrek will scratch my whole car

1 - 12 of 12 Posts