BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
did some reading before posting this. I have an odd issue. It appears that my convertible top is operating correctly. I can raise the top with no issues and it locks. Red light goes off and we are good to go. I can lower the top with no issues. I hold the button until the top comes down, the windows go back up slightly, and the red light goes off. Now here is the weird part. Start driving and as soon as I hit around 15 mph, the convertible top light flashes. If I come to a complete stop and press the down button again (only 1 short press), it will stop flashing until I get to 15mph again. I can tell the top is locked because if I hit the manual release button at the top center of the console, I can feel/hear it unlock and see the top slightly come up. Again, it only happens if I am start to drive. I had thought a sensor may be the issue and had seem some reference to adjusting but no instruction on how to do so. Also, I can't quite figure why it would only flash while driving if it was a sensor.

As always, advice is appreciated. :dunno:

·
Registered
628 Posts
Can't explain why it happens at a specific speed - could be just a coincidence, but first place I'd check would be the switch behind the tray in the trunk.

·
Registered
124 Posts
When you take the top down, after the motor shuts off, gently push down on each side of the top. That's what I do, and the light never comes back on. Someday, I may take the time to adjust the switch, but this works for now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts