BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings everyone,
I bought a 2015 F10 that was totaled in hurricane Harvey as a project car. It had been sitting for 1.5 years prior to me buying it over Christmas. The car needed a new electric power steering (EPS) module, new seat modules (left and right), and a new dynamic stability control module (DSC). All of these modules were installed from used cars and, as I understand, need to be reflashed so that the VIN matches the car's VIN. I've used a newer version of Esys along with the full version of PsdZData to confirm that the module VIN's aren't matching and that this is throwing codes.

I'd like to update all of the car's modules to the latest I-step/software so that they all match up. The problem that I'm having is that I don't know the replaced modules I-step. My car's I-step is currently F010-14-07-503 but when it comes time to flash the replaced modules I get an error because the car's current I-step is not the same as the replaced module's.

I've coded in new CAFD files to each of these modules so at least the annoying dash lights are gone but I still want to update the entire system.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm in downtown Chicago if anyone who can help is near. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
40,060 Posts
The problem is that these ECUs are not factory original, so ECU I-Step Shipment is different then your car's actual I-Step Shipment, and you have no way of knowing what the right I-Step Shipment is for these ECUs.

So, make flash, but after you calculate SVT Target (SVT_soll), check the box that says "HW-IDs from SVTactual" and then Save it. If HWEL is Black only, no Red / Blue HWEL, then you can proceed to flash it.

If HWEL is not Black only, the only thing you can do is try different I-Step Shipment dates until hopefully one works. This is simply Trial and Error.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Shawn,
Thanks a bunch for that. I have a few follow-up questions. I went the step by step route and was able to update and change the VIN on three of the four modules. All I have left is the EPS but I'm almost out i-step options and none have worked to turn HWEL black. By looking up the donor car VIN, I stepped through just before the donor car was made (12/10) to well after it was totaled (3/17) and none turned HWEL black. When I try the "HW-IDs from SVTactual" button following the procedure it will turn HWEL black but then when I try to flash it I always get an error message. Is there some option that I'm not selecting or something that I'm not doing that I have to do differently?

Secondly, I flashed the airbag ACSM module to try to update all of the modules. Now the airbag light just flashes repeatedly. The airbags have never gone off and it was working prior to the flash. Any thoughts on what this could be? I tried locking the module with Esys Transmitter but no success.

Thirdly, after my flash the angel eyes and the yellow led strip in the headlights aren't turning on at all. Everything else works fine and it seems like the correct CAFD files are in place. At one point my foxwell scanner said that the LEDs needed to teach-in but the scanner failed to be able to do so. Can the Angel Eyes be taught in with Esys and if so how?

I know it's a long post but I appreciate any help and if you're in the Chicago or Indy area then the next beer is on me.

·
Premium Member
40,060 Posts
1) You put a used Steering Rack in car? I am not sure that will work if EPS has FSC Code. PM me the car's short VIN (last 7) and Donor EPS VIN if known.

2) You need to Lock ACSM with Tool32. With Tool32, load the ACSM5.prg, STEUERN(ARG;VERRIEGELUNG_SG;0)

3) I have no idea what is wrong with the Angle Eyebrow. Did you replace or Flash FRM?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi

I need to install a used TMS module for headlight on a F10.
In flashing process already tried most of the i-step shipment but the i couldn***8217;t find any of them compatible with the TMS.
(The TMS folder is black (no blue/red) with i-step shipments in calculating SVT target)

There is CAFD file with green icon for the TMS
Using ESys 3.27.1 with token launcher
Latest psdzdata full

Any idea would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
40,060 Posts
Hi

I need to install a used TMS module for headlight on a F10.
In flashing process already tried most of the i-step shipment but the i couldn't find any of them compatible with the TMS.
(The TMS folder is black (no blue/red) with i-step shipments in calculating SVT target)

There is CAFD file with green icon for the TMS
Using ESys 3.27.1 with token launcher
Latest psdzdata full

Any idea would be appreciated.
Force Flash it. I replied to your same PM.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts