BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if I can buy flat black trim to replace titanium trim? I found carbon fiber trim, but didn't like the gloss and textured look. Thanks in advance.

·
Parking Spot Maven
2,831 Posts
You will probably have better luck getting an answer to this at the fanatics board, but I'll give it a shot.

There have been some pics of Canadian 330's with the M Package (?) posted here that have a really cool checked kind of pattern. It appears to be a flat black and a satin black checked. Looks awesome... I don't know if anyone would be willing to do it, but maybe you could look for someone trading it out for yours?

Otherwise I haven't seen black trim in anything other than an E46 M3. Have you thought of removing your trim and having it professionally painted?

Good luck,

--SONET

·
Registered
10,697 Posts
robg

There are 4 possibilities for you:

There is a black leather version of the trim

There is the alumninum black cube trim that the SONET mentioned, and that comes on the european and canadian sport package 2 cars.

There is a dark matte grey trim that comes standard on the 4 cylinder cars in the rest of the world.

There is a high gloss black trim that used to come standard on the 325i here. Granted this isnt "flat black" as you requested, but you might like this trim.

IF i have time later in the week ill try to track down the part numbers for you if you're interested in any of these descriptions.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Hey Robg,

What's going on?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: robg

robg said:
There are 4 possibilities for you:

There is a black leather version of the trim

There is the alumninum black cube trim that the SONET mentioned, and that comes on the european and canadian sport package 2 cars.

There is a dark matte grey trim that comes standard on the 4 cylinder cars in the rest of the world.

There is a high gloss black trim that used to come standard on the 325i here. Granted this isnt "flat black" as you requested, but you might like this trim.

IF i have time later in the week ill try to track down the part numbers for you if you're interested in any of these descriptions.
Robg, if you know of a website/vendor that sells any of these, that would be most helpful.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Re: Re: robg

jm8571 said:

Robg, if you know of a website/vendor that sells any of these, that would be most helpful.
The "high-gloss" trim came standard on all the 99-01 323/325 models in grey, black or sand respectively, and in black on the 01 M3. I am sure that you can find some one with a 323/325/M3 that upgraded from the high gloss black to something else and wants to get a few bucks for their old trim that is probably otherwise useless to them.

Search ebay, the classifieds here and at bimmer.org, E46fanatics, etc....

·
Registered
10,697 Posts
DrBimmer made a good correction, the gloss black only came on cars with a black interior (and tanin red in 2001).

Try CircleBMW, they have the best prices on BMW parts. I have a 325i w high gloss black and might consider trading for the titanium, but I haven't made up my mind yet.

Rchoudry-- Im doing ok, still messing around with steering retrofits though. ;) Good luck with your new car!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.