BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We will be leaving for Munich for the ED p/u on May 23rd(535i). There are still a few details to hammer out.

In the meantime, I am researching airfares and hotels. The posts here are really great and provide a whole lot of information on ED.

Here is something that people may be interested in - my 2-bit contribution:

For people wanting to stay a bit longer, renting villas (by the week) may be an option. Villas International has such villas throughout Europe. Below fro Munich

http://www.villasintl.com/cgi-bin/listings.cgi
or
http://www.villasintl.com/

Here is another good source from Kiplinger.

http://www.kiplinger.com/features/archives/2004/06/travelsites.html

Both Kayak and cFares listed there are pretty good. Villas is also listed in Kiplinger.

The Lufthansa (yet to enquire) deal, (buy one, get one free) may not actuually be the cheapest. I have a British Airways Visa - which also offers a buy one get one, but usually, I am better off buying online (even BA flights).

Hopefully these links are helpful (and am not preaching to the choir, here :))

BMW 535i ED May 23rd.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks - I realized that only afterwards. Tried to change it but couldn't. Will try again.
Does it make a terrible difference?

·
Freude am Fahren
19,695 Posts
Thanks - I realized that only afterwards. Tried to change it but couldn't. Will try again.
Does it make a terrible difference?
Send a PM to one of the administrators of the forum, they´ll change it for you.

And it only makes a difference if you plan to drive an Auto in the future :angel: as opposed to a Motorrad.

·
Registered
217 Posts
For your original point (not about your forum name) I completely agree with looking into villas. We only stayed in a hotel in London because the company paid for it and Munich because it was free using hotel points.

Otherwise, villas (or apartments) were a much better deal for us. For a similar price as hotels (or cheaper in many cases) one can get an apartment with full kitchen, often a washer and dryer, sometimes an extra bed or bedroom, a fridge for the groceries, etc.:thumbup:

Even if staying in one city for less than a week you can often find a good deal on a villa or apartment rental. We did it in Barcelona and Rome.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks again, and am writing to one of the admins to help out here.

·
Freude am Fahren
19,695 Posts
Happy to help and I should add, having gotten sidetracked, that your suggestion re villas is very worthwhile and you might want to add something to the wiki.

Regarding the 2-for-1, that is more well known in that sometimes it´s a great deal and sometimes it isn´t.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys- I have it changed to Texas-Bimmer.
Will post it on wiki too.

·
Registered
217 Posts
If you post on the wiki consider adding www.vrbo.com to your suggestion. This is the vacation rentals by owner site that we use for all our vacations. They have rentals all over the world (including Munich, of course) and all the people that we have dealt with have been very nice and helpful.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I certainly will, Mondo21

·
weissbiermeister
1,256 Posts
Very curious to see what kind of a place you end up in. Hopefully it is nice and feels as good as home.
Enjoy!

·
Powder Days
1,995 Posts
If you post on the wiki consider adding www.vrbo.com to your suggestion. This is the vacation rentals by owner site that we use for all our vacations. They have rentals all over the world (including Munich, of course) and all the people that we have dealt with have been very nice and helpful.
I second that idea. I have rented through vrbo and have been very satisfied. In fact, before I bought my places in Steamboat Springs, I stayed in a condo I found through that web site for 6 weeks at a stretch and at a very good price.

Cheers

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, I got the stuff on Villas out there in Wiki, and also Mondo21's suggestion.

Do check it out.

Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts