BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks recently I brought a descent floor jack and stands to work safetly under my car, lifting the rear of the car is straight foward, I place the jack under the Diff.
But where do I position the jack to raise the front of the car ? , it does have a plastic cover underneath, I dont want to do any damage by lifting the car in the wrong place.
Regard: Owen

·
Cogito Ergo Zoom
3,579 Posts
If you have the aluminum stiffener plate under your engine, put the jack under the raised rectangular spot near the back of it. If your car is too low to get the jack in there you'll need to use the scissor jack in the trunk to lift one of the front jacking points to gain enough height. No need to remove plastic plate before lifting, it's not in the way.

·
Registered
68 Posts
OP-

Please note that the various write ups do not recommend jacking the rear by the differential. The suggested jack point in the rear is the subframe directly forward of the differential that is in the shape of a U.

Also note that I am a new owner and knowledge is not experience based, yet. :)

-g

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.