BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight, my floor lights stayed on too long so I opened and closed a door, which turned on the ceiling lights and turned off the floor lights. The ceiling lights then stayed on for about 10 seconds, as usual. This isn't the first time it happened. It happens once in a while.

What is this odd and occasional problem?

·
Registered
728 Posts
Please describe more.

Floor light means the light inside your car that Illuminate your foot? Or the light that is below the doors that Illuminate when you unlock?

Too long means how many seconds?

Were you away from your car for a while, came back and noticed the light still on?
Or, you were standing next to the car when observing the light issue?

·
Super Moderator
3,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not the lights under the door handles. It's the lights illuminating the carpet.

When I park in the home garage at night, I look back at the car to see that the interior lights turn off, which happens after about 10-15 seconds.

Once in a while, the floor lights illuminate, not the lights by the inside rear view mirror. They don't turn off for at least 30 seconds so I open and close the doors, which shut the lights off immediately and turn on the usual rear view mirror adjacent lights, which go on for 10-15 seconds.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Sorry, so far I don't recall having similar issue. It is hard to observe as my garage light have problem turning off after I enter my garage and close the garage door. But will observe when opportunity arises.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts