BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Desi
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience buying floor mats from AliExpress? Specifically these mats.

They look beautiful in pictures. I'd love to hear some opinions on quality and fit. Also, do they stay that taut or do they sag after a while?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Those look nice. Can you see any carpet after they're installed? They remind me of my grandmother's couch. It was wrapped in plastic covers from the day she bought it. It was still perfect the day we took the covers off & threw it away after she died. Nobody ever got to sit on the actual couch fabric.

·
Desi
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, they look awesome. They have more coverage than any other floor mat/liner in the market. But I really want some feedback/opinions before I bite.

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
Yep, they look awesome. They have more coverage than any other floor mat/liner in the market. But I really want some feedback/opinions before I bite.
Just buy and return if you don't like them. Then you can give feedback to us. Lead by example hahaha

·
Benz S211 Convert
489 Posts
I guess my greater concern would be whether they have that "Chinese rubber smell" that things like cartwheel tires emit for a year or two. That is most likely softener in the material. Once evaporated, the material may become brittle. What softens plastic has a tendency to soften our brain, too, or cause other damage to your health.

But as Justin says, we won't know until someone tries.

·
Registered
302 Posts
no likey look of those..............won't intentionally buy anything from a business that flaunts the "Ali" moniker at the present

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
I don't hate the look of those however they are not for me. They remind me of the old floor mats in the late 70 early 80s Mercedes 240's. My grandfather had a couple of those when I was growing up. I would however like to get some feedback on them. Not necessarily for the quality of these particular floor mats, just the overall integrity of the Company is what I'm interested in. They seem to have some decent products but only time will tell. I'm looking into getting a new set of floor mats. Right now I have all black interior except for my headliner is gray. I'm thinking I might pick up a set of OEM gray mats. I think the contrasting colors may look pretty slick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts