BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Car Junkie
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a replacement set of BMW floormats the other day. The new anchoring sytem - Velcro vs. hooks - works quite well. However, I seem to have come across a weird design quirk.

Is the heel of my right foot supposed to be on the thicker pad area of the floormat? It seems that I can't find a way for that to happen. When I'm accelerating, my heel is right at the hinge for the gas pedal. When I'm stopping, my heel *might* sit right on the edge of that area, but typically it doesn't. My impression was that the pad exists to compensate for the extra wear that typically occurs in that area, but at this rate it'll be the nicest part of my mats in a year. :dunno:

·
Car Junkie
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My old mats used the twist lock thingies. The new mats look exactly the same except for the anchors. But back to the matter at hand...does anyone's foot actually rest on the thickly padded area? I'm fairly average in size (5'10", size 10.5 shoes) but I can't seem to make it work.

·
Registered
33 Posts
mine rests on the thick part pretty well... i don't keep my heel at the edge of the pedal tho... i sorta drive more with my toe than with my whole foot..... it's hard to change driving habits tho..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.