BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
BMW 4 LIFE !
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all

recently I have done a fix on my engine with the mechanic , the problem was white smoke from the exhaust and oil consumption

the mechanic opened the heads and replaced the valve stem seals ... and this problem was fixed

there is another issue occurred after this fix , which is fluctuating rpm and shaking at idle ...

I replaced all of the spark plugs and was going to replace the ignition coils and vanos solenoid but the mechanic told me , you might just waste your money replace these parts because the OBD computer is not showing any error related to these parts

but the computer doesn't show any error in the engine except for the oxygen sensor o2

me and the mechanic were so confused about this issue .. he told me that it is first time to encounter this kind of problem in fixing the valve stem seals

anyone have experience about this issue ? could it be the gearbox oil or maybe the camshaft positioning sensor ?

Watch this video to know more what am talking about

https://youtu.be/LeJyrPTw2WY

·
Registered
178 Posts
I just had my valve stem seals and turbos replaced by a BMW master tech. After he reassembled the engine and test drove it was running rough like you but I was getting error code (bank 2 sensor, sorry don't have exact code) and CEL. Opened engine and found that timing had "jumped" plus broken timing chain guide.

Replaced camshaft, timing chains, both vanos units. Fortunately under warranty. Running better than ever right now with no smoke. I'll see about the oil burn.

2011 50i, 63k miles.

·
BMW 4 LIFE !
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just had my valve stem seals and turbos replaced by a BMW master tech. After he reassembled the engine and test drove it was running rough like you but I was getting error code (bank 2 sensor, sorry don't have exact code) and CEL. Opened engine and found that timing had "jumped" plus broken timing chain guide.

Replaced camshaft, timing chains, both vanos units. Fortunately under warranty. Running better than ever right now with no smoke. I'll see about the oil burn.

2011 50i, 63k miles.
in my case , am not getting any error when diagnosing the engine ... I don't know why

1 - 3 of 3 Posts