BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably a dumb question, but I have to ask. When I use the radio, say FM, I get a listing of stations in a random order. Are these stored stations? I'm not referring to the Preset listing, but rather the listing under FM. If these are stored, how do I delete them, rearrange their order and add other stations? Also, for the stations displayed, some have odd names, some have station ID call letters. Is there a way to have the listing simply display the station call letters?

My preference would probably be to wipe the listing clean, surf all stations using the manual selector and add only those stations that I like. I have no idea how the listing that's on my radio got there to begin with.

Thanks for any information and/or recommendations.

·
Registered
882 Posts
The list of stations that you see are those that the radio determines it can receive adequately in that area as determined by a scan of the FM spectrum done in the background. I'm not sure how the order is determined, but I'm sure it's not random to the software designer. I think they use the digital signature sent by the station which is the call letters or station name in some cases and the frequency in others. The station list has nothing to do with the 40 presets that you select. The presets can be FM, AM or Sirius.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts