BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
After market LEDs can cause serious radio interference but beyond that you need to swap components and see if you can find the culprit.
The way I see it, it could be 1 of 3 things, the DA, the suppression filter or trap filter, I'm assuming the trap filter is for the AM circuit, to keep FM off of it, so may be able to eliminate that one, but not entirely sure?

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
The way I see it, it could be 1 of 3 things, the DA, the suppression filter or trap filter, I'm assuming the trap filter is for the AM circuit, to keep FM off of it, so may be able to eliminate that one, but not entirely sure?

That link has a diversity antenna for 315MHz. That is not for the radio. That freq is used for garage door and keys.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
That link has a diversity antenna for 315MHz. That is not for the radio. That freq is used for garage door and keys.
"we" (The BMW forum community) "think" "wonder" pretty much imagine, that the DA is also used for key fob control. It specifies 315MHz for the NA market and probably others. But I've yet to find any BMW documentation that says this. Assuming that is true, any thoughts on my prior question?

61 - 63 of 63 Posts