Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
328i 2008 key fob stuck in the ignition and gently was forced out and now can not insert it back. I inserted my finger (in the ignition slot) but was not able to go in more than may be half an inch. ...
Responses are allowed to be only within the parameter of the question.....

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does the key fob work normally if not connected to the ribbon cable in regard to the insertion and removal of the key??( Does it work mechanically or electrically)

·
Breaking in the Pony
2019 Mustang GT / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
6,276 Posts
Well, the real problem would seem to be that the "Fob was forced out of ignition", regardless of how much force was used. Replacement of the holder does seem the way to go.

Responses are allowed to be only within the parameter of the question.....
Or else what? After all, if you're going to go around forcing things to the point where they break, you may need to tolerate some level of opprobrium from the people from whom you're seeking free advice.

are you saying your fob ignition holder is disconnected?
And why would it be?
I believe he's asking what a working slot would do if you removed it from the dash and disconnected it, perhaps as part of an attempt to debug the issue or fix the broken part.

But then again, I'm a non-parameter conforming heretic, so what do I know?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I have bought a used switch from eBay for 40 dollars, (180 dollars at the dealer). I removed the electronics parts from the old beat up switch and placed them in the new one. I was so excited that the car started but disappointed when I noticed some few lights on the dash and the radio did not go off after removing the key and locking the car

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My bad, I had jammed one the spring behind the key slot while I was replacing the electronic parts. I replaced the spring with another one from the old one and the car starts like a champ...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts