Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2012 f30 with bulbed fog lights I want to change these to the later version led lights which fit as a perfect replacement my problem is when I plug them in they work perfectly but throw up a fog lamp fault on my Idrive is there any software update I can purchase to remove the fault code?

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 99K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
17,474 Posts
I am not a dealer or dealer***8217;s representative.

Lamps are checked by frequent milliamp pulses that must see as designed resistances. Excessive voltage drop sets the error. Semiconductor devices like LED***8217;s and their driver circuits represent a very high resistance/impedance and set the error. Best wishes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see what your saying thank you I’ve recently sat a hybrid course so can see where your coming from, what I need to know is can I change a fuse or reprogram a ecu to correct the fault

·
'17 X1 - Rooster Cruisin'
1,086 Posts
what I need to know is can I change a fuse or reprogram a ecu to correct the fault
I would think so. Check with some of the online coders to see if it would be possible to remote code it. I'm not sure if the Carly app could do it but I'd bet that ISTA/P could.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts