BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just wondering, what kind of upgrades/mods can I do to the fog lights?

I know the question is a bit broad but I'm curious about some possible ideas.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I upgraded mine to HID's. 55w 25000K

Headlights are 30,000K and they are really that blue. Probably less lighting but I like em :D

Attachments

·
Registered
431 Posts
Just go with a 9006 hid kit. can be had for like 65 shipped off ebay. ive had them on my 6 for a year and love them

·
Registered
136 Posts
9006 hid fogs

Hey guys, I just installed 9006 hid kit yesterday and an error popped up (fog lamp malfunction). Do I need to install anything else? I spoke to the seller and he said to install a Capacitor. Will this help me? Do I need to check my fuse and bump them up some?

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
Hey guys, I just installed 9006 hid kit yesterday and an error popped up (fog lamp malfunction). Do I need to install anything else? I spoke to the seller and he said to install a Capacitor. Will this help me? Do I need to check my fuse and bump them up some?
it can help but usually capacitors are inside the ballast, if you just change a regular 9006 bulb, there should be no errors as long as the wattage is the same, we carry 9006 in many types and colors

·
Registered
136 Posts
Anyone know if this "canbus fix" will possibly power up my HID fog kits? I have no power to the lights and the error code on idrive. I saw a posting on an E60 using this fix but I'm trying to confirm this before purchasing it.

·
Registered
302 Posts
where does H7 lights go? Are they the same for the fogs?? I bought the halo LeD v.3 and came with H7. Are they for high beams or can it be used for fogs?

Thanks

1 - 20 of 24 Posts