BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
86 325 ES: I'm pulling the front spoiler to reposition it after 2o plus years of bottoming out. at the same time doing some fog light work. i'm confused. clearly there is a lead and a ground, but coming off the back of the glass lens assembly there is a white wire, where's that go?

·
Registered
E92 07 328xi, 04 F350 6.0, 92 Jetta Carat
2,507 Posts
there should only be two wires going to the fogs. and i dont think that any of them are white except for inside of the fog light. the bulb has a white wire..

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bimrpwr said:
there should only be two wires going to the fogs. and i dont think that any of them are white except for inside of the fog light. the bulb has a white wire..
right that's the one..it has a clip on the end...where does it go????

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
that wire should connect to a metal clip inside of the fog light assembely (inside of the fog lamp) then on the outside you will plug your wires to that. If i still had my e30 i would take a pic for you but i dont have it anymore....hope my explanation helps out some.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes..I think it does help...but I'm going to hit the salvage yard tomorrow...looking for a Crank Position sensor...I know there's a car up there with some fog lights...I'll just pull em and get a good look...

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
if you cant find a good used crank shaft sensor let me kow. I can get you a new one for a reasonable price.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok...let me check the yard tomorrow...i know there are two cars up there that I might...and I stress might...find it on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts