BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help me decide on what led fog light bulb i should get???

I want it to match the headlight stock halos...or as close to it as possible

also want them to be bright

i know its h8 bulb but any suggestions on best company and type?!? 6000k?

Thank you, any help would be much appreciated

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi

i couldn't find a online source that has the m sport package fog light info. How did you know it was an H8?

·
Registered
251 Posts
I have a 2012 535iX. Does anyone know if you have to code the car in order for it to accept an LED fog light without throwing a dashboard warning light?

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

·
Registered
44 Posts
Any update on your installation Tourstagefan ? I plan to order Zevo H8led.bx2 but i don't want to install a canceler. Would like to get input from someone who currently have a set on his F10.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Any update on your installation Tourstagefan ? I plan to order Zevo H8led.bx2 but i don't want to install a canceler. Would like to get input from someone who currently have a set on his F10.
I have the M-Sport package so the fog light size is H11, which is unavailable in the Zevo Series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
BimmerFreak
465 Posts
I to have a 2013, 535xi with M and I used the OPT7 Cree H11 led on the car. I installed them in 2016 and so far, they haven’t burned out or given me any error codes. They do match the headlights which is very awesome. They are available on Amazon, look them up. The only worst thing about the LED fogs is that the output is very dull, and it’s impossible to see the road clearly but have the same cool white light like the headlights.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I to have a 2013, 535xi with M and I used the OPT7 Cree H11 led on the car. I installed them in 2016 and so far, they haven't burned out or given me any error codes. They do match the headlights which is very awesome. They are available on Amazon, look them up. The only worst thing about the LED fogs is that the output is very dull, and it's impossible to see the road clearly but have the same cool white light like the headlights.

Thanks for the suggestion/feedback. Since you mentioned that they have lower lumens, I think I will go with PIAA halogen fog lights instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
I changed them today, bought Sylvania Zevo H8 at 5000k. They match the color light of the Xenon beam which is great. Right side went easy. Left side also but after the i Drive is complaining the left side fog has a problem :( Altough it works great. Some pictures of the installation. Anyone know what i got a message on the left and not on the right ?

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Well this is the new status, no fog light anymore. I use to have them working but with a FOG LIGHT MALFUNCTION everytime i turned them off. The company that sold me the ZEVO told me its normal and they sold me resistors to install. Which i did yesterday. First resistor, no change. Second resistor = both fogs stopped working. I checked and rechecked, checked fuses 8-13-16-66-101-154 all ok. Fired Carly no code.

Reverted the installation and no fogs. I wonder what is happening. If i had a short i should have a blown fuse. Do i have the correct fuses ? Otherwise why would the control unit stop sending voltage and still notice me of FOG LIGHT MALFUNCTION ?

=============

Then i started over, checked voltage present on fog wire... found out that the resistor wires were reversed so that the Zevo ended up reverse polarity (even though all connectors were in their orientation slots). So after reversing it worked. And no code. Beware the resistors get real hot - when they say they have to be metal installed its real.

Corrolary:
ZEVO H8 are great 6000 K same brightness as Xenon
Resistors are not included in ZEVO you have to purchase 2 sets (about 20 $)
Don't trust the resistors wire orientation and double check even though you have to force connectors 180 degres (like it happened to me)
Resistance get real hot, you can't keep in your hand. No way you install this on plastic. On left side its easy because the bumper reinforcement protrudes. On right side i mounted it on the radiator support plate.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts