BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 99--540 and recently I cleaned the outside of the head lights....however they still seem not clear in looking at certain angles in day light I get the feeling that they are dirty from the inside of the lens sort of almost smoky....anyone have this as a problem???

Are these a PITA to remove and clean?

·
Premium Member
5,938 Posts
For all intents and purposes, the headlights are a sealed unit. Perhaps the smokiness you saw is condensation? Maybe it'll dry up in a day or two...it is pretty hot 'n dry in Sonoma County now! :)

Scratch your fingernail across the glass...make sure the "smokiness" is not something on the outside.

You have any pics?

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ågent99 said:
For all intents and purposes, the headlights are a sealed unit. Perhaps the smokiness you saw is condensation? Maybe it'll dry up in a day or two...it is pretty hot 'n dry in Sonoma County now! :)

Scratch your fingernail across the glass...make sure the "smokiness" is not something on the outside.

You have any pics?
I just finished wet sanding and polishing these out because there where some small pits and they looked dull....I detail cars as a part itme biz so I have this process down.....now it really dosen't look like condensation on the inside its more of a smokey look and at certain angles you can see that it seems to be on the inside....These are sealed? that sucks

·
Premium Member
5,938 Posts
dboy11 said:
These are sealed? that sucks
Well, how handy/adventurous are you? :p I've known a few folks to take them apart but it isn't for the weak of stomach! :rofl:

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Agent99 said:
Well, how handy/adventurous are you? :p I've known a few folks to take them apart but it isn't for the weak of stomach! :rofl:
That's the problem I'm not....I'm going to live with what it looks like :bawling: they are not super bad I'm just anal is all:bigpimp:

·
Registered
12,023 Posts
its not hard to open them its just like changing them to the clear corners ive cleaned them b4 do it...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.