BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Empowered Consumer
4,042 Posts
BavarianDoc said:
Hi,
Is it possible to have fog lights on my 2004 330ci come on when I turn my headlights on? I have to manually turn fog lights on every time I turn my headlights on.

Thanks!
Why would anyone want that functionality?

In many countries foglights are only legally used when conditions warrent them. Too bad that isn't the case here.

Alex

·
Do the interns get Glocks
9,324 Posts
Is it always foggy when you turn on your lights? :dunno:

Fog lights are for Fog....they really arent very beneficial at other times.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
LmtdSlip said:
Is it always foggy when you turn on your lights? :dunno:

Fog lights are for Fog....they really arent very beneficial at other times.
False.

My "fog" lights helped me catch a dog running into the street out of the corner of my eye. The closeness to the ground and the dispersion of the light definitely saved me (and mostly the dog) from having a really bad evening in the neighborhood.

There is almost no reason NOT to drive with the fog lights on at night. The better you can see, the better you will be!

·
Do the interns get Glocks
9,324 Posts
jetstream23 said:
False.

My "fog" lights helped me catch a dog running into the street out of the corner of my eye. The closeness to the ground and the dispersion of the light definitely saved me (and mostly the dog) from having a really bad evening in the neighborhood.

There is almost no reason NOT to drive with the fog lights on at night. The better you can see, the better you will be!
:rofl:

Alright then you keep using those fog lights cool guy... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
jetstream23 said:
The more you daze and blind other drivers with the liberal light pattern of fog lights, the more likely you'll cause an accident involving on coming drivers!

Granted, their are a select few instances when fog lights are helpful/appropriate when it isn't foggy out. But be courteous to oncoming drivers and keep the fogs under control!

·
takes the long way home..
1,080 Posts
Honestly, you guys don't find Xenons far more obtrusive than fogs? :dunno:

Especially the ones on Maximas and the new TLs, I notice them FAR more often than I notice someone with their fogs on.

·
I love my beautiful wife.
2,151 Posts
shizat63 said:

Especially the ones on Maximas and the new TLs, I notice them FAR more often than I notice someone with their fogs on.
I agree..Acura's are especially bad.

But nothing beats a :bigpimp: Escalade with HID's blaring into your rearview mirror.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
shizat63 said:

With the exception of the ghetto faux HIDs that are improperly aimed, I typically have no issues with oncoming HIDs. A few rare instances such as the Escalade in the rearview or when an oncoming HID equipped car is cresting a hill on an inside right hander are annoying but nothing that the auto dim rearview or looking towards the outside of the turn can't handle.

·
Empowered Consumer
4,042 Posts
Properly adjusted headlights of any type don't bother me. Improperly adjusted headlights are a pain in the azz.

As far as running fogs in non-foggy conditions, they don't actually disturb me. I just think that many people who do it really wish they had a large lit sign on the front of their car that says, "Look at me! I have foglights!!!"

Alex

·
Registered
85 Posts
Only use your Fog lights for low visibility conditions. Rear Fogs are the worst offenders; You have to wait to get past them.

Fog lights on in good vis. is just posing. If the Nanny Nations of the world that require DRL's (which still suck) thought one dogs life could be saved by fog lights they'ed mandate them too.

·
takes the long way home..
1,080 Posts
BahnBaum said:
Properly adjusted headlights of any type don't bother me. Improperly adjusted headlights are a pain in the azz.

As far as running fogs in non-foggy conditions, they don't actually disturb me. I just think that many people who do it really wish they had a large lit sign on the front of their car that says, "Look at me! I have foglights!!!"

Alex
Much like camping in the left lane at 60mph, 95% of US drivers just aren't aware they not supposed to do it.

·
BMWCCA 12660
307 Posts
Think what you will about DRL's but I think they are one of the better ideas that our government has come up with.....should have all lights on dimmed....too many moronic drivers "forget" to turn lights on in the early evening..and even at night...
IMHO :thumbup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.