BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Folding rear seats

6302 Views 14 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  328i2013
I'm glad they made the folding rear seats standard on F30, they are so useful. Since I got mine I've carried a large mirror, a pretty big ottoman, and yesterday a large painting no problems thanks to the folding seats.

I switched to the F30 from a SUV and was a bit worried about the practicality but so far it's passed every test! :thumbup:
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Only standard for 2013. 2012 was an option.
Yup. You had to get cold weather package to get rear-fold down seats. Kinda silly, but I guess they figured people would want it for skis and snowboards?
Only standard for 2013. 2012 was an option.
Nope. Folding rear seats were available as a stand alone option.
Yup. You had to get cold weather package to get rear-fold down seats. Kinda silly, but I guess they figured people would want it for skis and snowboards?
In this day and age, it was silly for a car like BMW to not make split rear seats a standard option. Glad they corrected it in 2013.
this was big for me because i want to carry my bike if I can. hate to have it on a bike carrier, plus this way I can take it to work and go riding right after without having to go home and then out again.
I'm glad they made the folding rear seats standard on F30, they are so useful. Since I got mine I've carried a large mirror, a pretty big ottoman, and yesterday a large painting no problems thanks to the folding seats.

I switched to the F30 from a SUV and was a bit worried about the practicality but so far it's passed every test! :thumbup:
Hm. must have been the 09-11 model years that required it with ZCW. I remember we had to get it for the 2009 328i, but i might have missed it during the spec out for the 2012 one.
Nope. Folding rear seats were available as a stand alone option.
Hooks

In the trunk next to the seat back release leavers there are two hooks,what are they for?:dunno:
cheers
vern
hanging grocery bags and/or a cargo net?
In the trunk next to the seat back release leavers there are two hooks,what are they for?:dunno:
cheers
vern
Do you think a bike would fit? I've never tried it but you could be right, will give it try this weekend.
this was big for me because i want to carry my bike if I can. hate to have it on a bike carrier, plus this way I can take it to work and go riding right after without having to go home and then out again.
You can fit a standard road bike with wheels off in the trunk, actually took my bike down to the dealer to check how well it fit. I did have to release the rear passenger side seat to get just a couple more inches as the rear derailleur was pressing into the back of the seat.
Thanks! :thumbup:
You can fit a standard road bike with wheels off in the trunk, actually took my bike down to the dealer to check how well it fit. I did have to release the rear passenger side seat to get just a couple more inches as the rear derailleur was pressing into the back of the seat.
Sorry. Nope. Folding rear seats were available as a stand alone option at least as far back as the E46 and they were in model year 2009.
Hm. must have been the 09-11 model years that required it with ZCW. I remember we had to get it for the 2009 328i, but i might have missed it during the spec out for the 2012 one.
Making a few key things standard on the 2013 model was a smart move. I think it was also a punch against Audi, who has been going the other way, by making things that used to be standard on all their models options now only available on higher trims. Folding seats and trip computers come to mind.
Yeah you have to get like a 4K package in the A4 if you want split rear seats.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.