1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
7,705 Posts

Here's a picture of Joe and Peggy going over the car w/ Bernhard of BMW.:D If you see him, tell him that I say hey.;)

beewang

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not sure when he's scheduled to be back, but I'll let him know I started this thread. :)

I would imagine he's a happy guy these days :bigpimp:

·
Premium Member
7,705 Posts
Hey!! Scott!! tell the ol' chap to fork out for the Nav next time:p
This way, he won't have to spend 2 hours taking delivery of his new car and spend another hour asking for direction of how to get to Dachau from the delivery center.
:p j/k

beewang:bigpimp:

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Funny you should mention that . . .

because he really went back and forth for a while considering whether to get NAV or not.

Maybe a 'lessons learned' for others thinking of an ED, if you haven't been there before or recently. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Tri-color Sinking

:p
To Beewang, Scott and all others who are following my ED
delivery.

I dropped the car of at Harms in Frankfurt on 11/22. It then left Bremerhaven on the MAERSK WIND on 11/26/02 and is scheduled
for arrival at Port Hueneme on 12/24. By watching the progress
on the net, I find out that it left Georgia on 12/13.
Now we will see if South Bay here in Hermosa Beach can get the
car to me before the 1st of the year.
From now on I'm just keeping my fingers crossed and VERY VERY
thankfull that my car was not on the ship that went down.

Joe Moore

·
Premium Member
7,705 Posts
Joe, Congrats on the car:thumbup: , my other friend HighBeam is not so fortunate. His Brand new 330cic (same color scheme as yours) is aboard TriColor. :cry:

OTOH, you should know that currently, Port Hueneme VPC is backed-up. There was some 2,800 bimmers waiting to be processed when my ship Global Leader arrived on 12/7. My guess is that Global Leader unloaded somewhere around 1,000 cars (at least). To make matter worst, I understand that Othello unloaded another 2,000 some bimmers afew days later. As of 12/13/2002 our cars have NOT cleared Port Hueneme U.S. Custom. I do NOT expecting the cars to show up in Cutters before 12/22/2002. It would be nice, however for the cars to get home by before x-mas.:angel:

I have never seen VPC Port Huneme bottleneck this bad before. BMW must be doing GREAT biz in this economy:thumbup:

cheers,

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's a lucky break Joe! Sorry that some other people did lose their cars. I wonder if the VPC bottleneck is a carry over from the dock strike?

·
Registered
44 Posts
You guys might be in luck. I don't think the backup at Port Hueneme is as bad as it seems. My 330Ci was offloaded last Tuesday evening, 12/10, and it's already made it through inspection. Called BMWNA today to check on its status and was told it's just sitting around waiting for a truck to take it over to South Bay BMW. Hopefully I can pick it up by the end of this week! Seems to me you guys should definitely be able to get your cars before Christmas. Makes no sense to me why it's taking so long for your cars to pass through inspection considering they were offloaded 3 days before mine.

·
Premium Member
7,705 Posts
SupaFOB,
Thanks for the info. Correct me if I am wrong, your car is NOT purachesed thru Euro Delivery Program is it??:dunno: thus explains the rush in processing. You see, BMW already has our money (we have to pay it a month prior to ED) and BMW has our cars pretty much at the lowest priority (just a tad higher in priority than the BMW employee's car).:D

I am still hopeful, but it doesn't look good ;)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ahhh, that would explain why mine went through inspection before yours. You are correct in that I didn't do ED. I placed my order less than a month ago - it turned out that there was a car on the ship already with the exact options and colors that I was looking for - and I'm already going crazy from the wait. I can't imagine how bad the wait must be for you guys. I guess there isn't much else you can do besides keeping your fingers crossed and hoping for the best. Good luck and hopefully you can pick your baby up in time for Christmas!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.