BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some may recall the thread last summer regarding the common frustration of all here on the board as we await our cars for redelivery. I had noted how my wait was shortened by being occupied as a juror on a murder trial. As a post script, NBC Dateline filmed the subject trial and it is being aired tonight (Memorial Day). NBC Correspondent Keith Morrison interviewed several of us as jurors and unless our segment landed on the cutting room floor, you may get a chance to share in the courtroom experience. Yours truly may be identified as the lawyer on the jury.

In any event, here is the NBC Preview (airs at 8:30 P.M. for Mountain and Central time zones and at 9:30 P.M. for Pacific and Eastern time zones. "Monday, May 26: Keith Morrison reports on the disappearance of 21-year-old Bethany Correira just days after arriving at college in Anchorage, Alaska and the detective determined to solve the case for her family and his own redemption."

Here is a link to the original ED thread including postings #4 and #5 as above referenced.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=227144&highlight=trial

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Sounds interesting, I'll look for that. I was picked for a jury pool in a federal death penalty case earlier this year. Fortunately, or unfortunately, I'm usually inelligible. It sure would have been interesting, at least you think it would be. :dunno:

Erik

·
Mace
817 Posts
Obviously the jury selection process is flawed. Who would want to have an edgy, uptight, obsessed and frustrated juror in the group? Just imagine how the verdict could come out should something like this happen during the trial:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,705 Posts
Wow!!!:yikes:

I totally missed out on that!! Thank you for the headsup, my wife loves that stuff!!! and this tonight's broadcast will have a "personal" connection w/ you being a juror:)

Will be watching the show tonight:D. Just so we know, how can we tell which jurror is you??!!:dunno:

Cheers,

beewang

·
Registered
75 Posts
Voted "Most Unusual Time Killing" Experience!

Can't think of another way anyone else has killed time between ED delivery and re-delivery that was/is nearly as interesting. Good luck. Will tune in tonight.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Wow!!!:yikes:

I totally missed out on that!! Thank you for the headsup, my wife loves that stuff!!! and this tonight's broadcast will have a "personal" connection w/ you being a juror:)

Will be watching the show tonight:D. Just so we know, how can we tell which jurror is you??!!:dunno:

Cheers,

beewang
\
Assuming they leave in the juror interview sequence, I'll be the juror who is identified as also being a lawyer. Keith Morrison interrogated me about my role reversal as being on the jury rather than arguing to the jury. OK - I haven't seen it yet, but I was just told by my kid who caught it in another time zone that I was one of the individual jurors interviewed. Specifically I commented about Bob wearing the sunglasses on his cap which led me to believe he was the arsonist since the description matched that of a person seen in the white Mercedes by a witness just before the fire was discovered.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Just saw it here (Pacific Time). A few random thoughts:
  • It was reasonably well done for American TV, but the commercials really chopped it up.
  • The mix of "news", features, and background seemed quite appropriate.
  • You--of course--were great!
  • The judge and jury all came off as trying to make the best of a difficult legal situation.
  • And, how appropriate that the villain drove a MBZ SUV!
I have a technical question: how many were on the jury?

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just saw it here (Pacific Time). A few random thoughts:
  • It was reasonably well done for American TV, but the commercials really chopped it up.
  • The mix of "news", features, and background seemed quite appropriate.
  • You--of course--were great!
  • The judge and jury all came off as trying to make the best of a difficult legal situation.
  • And, how appropriate that the villain drove a MBZ SUV!
I have a technical question: how many were on the jury?
Great synopsis and what a way to bring the thread back on topic with your final point! (To answer the technical question, there were 15 jurors during the trial, three alternates were dismissed at the close of the evidence. Since the judge would not allow the TV cameras to film us during the actual trial, the panel you saw on TV were those of us willing to come back to the court for a jury interview by Keith Morrison, approximately 2/3rds of the actual jury.)

·
Premium Member
7,705 Posts
Same comments as the Doctor... except that we had a late start on the show due to DVR and we were able to skip all commercials:p

Funny... as soon as i heard the sunglasses comment by the papergir i thought of the picture of the brother w/ Shades above his ball cap. So I am definitely w/ ya!:thumbup:

I'd be more interested in what your thoughts were and what was discussed between you and Morrision. I noticed he attented the trail from the footage and with as many murder trials in US, what peeked his interest to report on this trial?:dunno:

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Same comments as the Doctor... except that we had a late start on the show due to DVR and we were able to skip all commercials:p

Funny... as soon as i heard the sunglasses comment by the papergir i thought of the picture of the brother w/ Shades above his ball cap. So I am definitely w/ ya!:thumbup:

I'd be more interested in what your thoughts were and what was discussed between you and Morrision. I noticed he attented the trail from the footage and with as many murder trials in US, what peeked his interest to report on this trial?:dunno:
Well the thing that impressed me most about Keith Morrison when he conducted the juror interview was how well prepared he was. He knew each of our names and addressed us by same. After the camera lights were off he really relished telling us about the evidence we did not get to hear. Although he was personally present for only a portion of the trial, it was apparent that his staff had done a good job in briefing him.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
For those who followed the show, the local news here reported that the detective (Klinkart) is now in administration and this was his last homicide investigation. Apparently he is writing a book about the case.

·
Don't be a left lane hog
3,189 Posts
I tried to watch it but there were technical difficulties with the sound (not sure if it was a Dish Network problem or the local station's feed) until the last ~30 minutes. :mad:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts