Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw my first one on the road, and pointed it out to my wife to see what she thought . . .

"Oh, I like it! It's cute!"

she even liked the rear end!

·
Registered
104 Posts
When i first saw the pictures I tough..."Oh my god...thats fugly!"
But when you see the car in real life (nicely dressed => clears etc)
it looks fine !

I'm worrying more about the new 5 series (7-mini-me)

greetz

·
2001 M3:Stick, what else?
3,300 Posts
BS' Bimmer said:
I saw my first one on the road, and pointed it out to my wife to see what she thought . . .

Does she like that song: "I like big butts and I dont know why...":D

·
superwagon pilot
1,388 Posts
I finally got to drive one last monday. What a schizophenic car. Some parts are unbelievably good, namely the driving dynamics, the car literally feels like it shrinks around you, it's amazingly tossable for such a big car, communicates what's going on, the steering is a little light, but all in all excellent sporting abilities. The seats are extrordinary, the most comfortable seat I have ever been in.

Other parts of the car are poorly implement, especially the ergonomics. This surprised me, because every other BMW I have ever driven the controls just seem to fall to your fingers when you need them. My biggest complaint about I-Drive was it's slowness. I would make a selection and then remake it because I didn't think it took. The system then jumped 2 menus because it was still computing the first selection I made. The force feedback in the controller is marginal, there needs to be an audible confirmation as well letting you know what you selected. The electronic turn signal stalk is a nuisance, as are alot of the other normally mechanical features that have been made electronic.

My overall impression was it seemed a shame to me that BMW wrappped such an amazingly advanced driving platform in an overly complex cabin and topped it all off with a IMHO much less than attractive shape. :(

·
Elected by grace
1,945 Posts
Funny, my frau had just the opposite reaction!

She just loved the way the E65 looked in ads in rags and on the telly.

Then on the way to Pigeon Forge, TN a couple of weeks ago she finally saw one in the metal.

She did use the word 'butt', but it was in conjunction with the word 'ugly'.

I've signed up to drive this behemoth at the local Komen event on 10 June.

I've no doubt about the driving dynamics. It is afterall a BMW, and class leading handling is anything but a new concept to the 7 series.

I don't have any experience with i-drive so I'm going to the dealership this weekend and play with i-drive thingy that they have on display in the service waiting area. I don't want to look like a total klutz during the trial drive.

The looks? Well, I'll never accept that this is the design for a BMW.

I just hope that I don't run into (both literally and figuratively speaking) anybody that I know.

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
BS' Bimmer said:

Sounds like grounds for divorce to me! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts