BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The LA Chapter of the BMW CCA is having a clean car contest/display on Sunday @ 10:00 to 2:00 or later at the Huntington Beach Central Park (take Golden West off the 405 and head toward the beach). Should be some nice classic BMWs with lots of E30s and more for the BMW fans to check out. :thumb:

Attachments

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm planning on being there

I'm planning on being there Sunday morning but I'm only going to display my car ($10 entry) and not enter the clean car contest ($25). The money is for charity so maybe I'll change my mind and enter , but these guys are pretty fanatical in the judging. I'll probably get taught a good lesson! :tsk:

More specific info on the event:

http://www.bmwclubla.org/board/?topic=topic1&msg=2627

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
I might be there but I'm a late riser...And I play hockey in Santa Monica in the morning. Most likely I'll show up later in the afternoon, like after 2:00pm.

Kaz and I talked about it last week at Bimmerfest. Hope to see some of you guys there as well.

·
Parking Spot Maven
2,831 Posts
How conveeeenient.... it's only about a mile from me. :D I'm going to try to break the plans I had for Sunday so I can go (wish I knew sooner!).

I don't know how I would identify any of you, but I hope to get to meet some of you there.

--SONET

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Reply to Sonet

Sonet -

I'm about a mile away also. E-mail me if you want to try to hook up before I go over. If not, I'm sure I'll be the only M Roadster with a red top at the show so just walk up and say 'hi'. :)

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Topaz Blue E46 Coupe with OEM Aerokit, Style 72 Replicas, and Jack In the Box Holiday Jackball on the top of the cell antennae. :)

Like I said, if I'm there it'll be after hockey.

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
Once again there will be a E30M3 Corral separately from the Clean Car contest, so if you're a fan of that car, its a great place to go to look at some really nice ones.

There were many other fantastic cars last year, many of which were older models like E12s and E9s and 02s which were great to see, especially with a lot of other 'shows' in the area focusing on modern cars.

·
Parking Spot Maven
2,831 Posts
Scott: Thanks for the offer... I'm still not sure if I can make it so I'm going to have to decline. If I go, I will be sure to look for you though.

The HACK: I'll look for you too. Are you going to try to enter the show? Or will I have to look in the parking lot? ;)

Kaz: Are you going to try to make it too?

Anyway, hope to see you all there. My camera is fried, I hope someone brings one so some pics can be posted here. :D

--SONET

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
Well, hopefully it won't rain. Just found out from a friend with a E30M3 that he won't be showing his car this year in the Corral, but he's still planning on coming down for other stuff, so we'll probably be there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts