BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
YOU ARE NEXT!
1,036 Posts
did you put on a M5 bumper on your 7 series, how did you do that? Or is that aftermarket some Rieger or something?

·
just havin a heart attack
2,741 Posts
The lights on the 5, did you just not put hte glass lenses back in? I kinda like that to be honest :) and may do that on mine in the near future!

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Raff said:
did you put on a M5 bumper on your 7 series, how did you do that? Or is that aftermarket some Rieger or something?
e39dream said:
beautiful collection! Is the 7 series front end like that from the factory? It looks like an m5 nose piece.
Thanks! It's a custom fab, made by vision motorsport. I think they make a kit now, back and front, although I've never seen it on any other 7's.

·
L C B
1,283 Posts
the hella clear euros come without the glass lenses for the early e39 lights. I like the look either way, lens or not. Less parts than the amber covers, all for the low, low cost of 325.00!!

·
L C B
1,283 Posts
fm_illuminatus said:
Now that, I didn't know. :) ... I got my clears off ebay... :D
Hmm, they look pretty much identical to the hellas- I guess thats the point:) I've heard others complain of hard install of the ebay clears, I am going to get a set eventually but I was thinking hellas- I cannot stand fogged up headlights on such a nice car. Do yours ever leak or fog up due to fitment? do you have a brand name- i.e. Depo?

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
e39dream said:
Hmm, they look pretty much identical to the hellas- I guess thats the point:) I've heard others complain of hard install of the ebay clears, I am going to get a set eventually but I was thinking hellas- I cannot stand fogged up headlights on such a nice car. Do yours ever leak or fog up due to fitment? do you have a brand name- i.e. Depo?
No, they aren't brand name, but I haven't had any leaking or fogging problems. :dunno: The fitment wasn't bad either... Then again, it hasn't rained or anything since I've got the clears, but I have taken the car though multiple car washes.

·
just havin a heart attack
2,741 Posts
fm_illuminatus said:
Yea, just took the glass out... :) IMHO it makes the projectors look better.
Does it screw with the beam pattern at all? If you're running xenons, did you remove the metal shield behind the projector?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Nice pics, I am always suprised by how big the 7 is.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
bimmerd00d said:
Does it screw with the beam pattern at all? If you're running xenons, did you remove the metal shield behind the projector?
The beam pattern has some slight lines in it that it didn't have before, but otherwise it's the same. I didn't remove the plates, those are there so I don't blind other drivers... :D

·
SmokinE39
203 Posts
Nice picture's very clean , who helped you out james wang ? from vision
are you goin to the bimmermeet this saturday it's right around your backyard
check out discussion socalbimmermeet 2

·
Spartacus_33
813 Posts
L7 ? :dunno: Forgive me.. I'm not a 7 series guy. What is it exactly, just a sportier version of the 760?

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ken21 said:
why is the L7 badge on there ??
Spartacus_33 said:
L7 ? :dunno: Forgive me.. I'm not a 7 series guy. What is it exactly, just a sportier version of the 760?
Actually, the L7 is a limo version of the 7 series, even longer than the il. This:

Now, my car is not an L7, but it's previous owner, in a fit of cheap russianness, decided to SUPERGLUE the L7 logo on anyways. I'm getting the car repainted soon, so at that point I will have the logo removed and replaced with the right one, "740il".

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
smokinE39 said:
Nice picture's very clean , who helped you out james wang ? from vision
are you goin to the bimmermeet this saturday it's right around your backyard
check out discussion socalbimmermeet 2
I will check it out, thanks. The previous owner had the work done... so, I didn't talk to vision.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts